Jul 22, 2010
Stamkos is SOOOO GOOOOD YOU GUYS!

He got 1 SOG!
He was -2 +/-!
He had 1 takeaway and only 2 giveaways!

This guy is good!

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Well as the tank is fully on, that's how I want to lose a game. At least go out with a bang and let the kids play. Futures still bright

Absolutely love the Crunch kids.

Stamkos
Marty
Carle
Brewer

All terrible this game. I feel like Chonacher has gotten worse after being promoted to #1 line, but maybe its not him :sarcasm:

knew803

Feb 10, 2009
all those goals at the end did was make the loss count against Desjardins instead of garon

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Lindback's numbers for a first year #1 NHL goalie aren't terrible. They are comparable to Marc-Andre Fleury's first years in the NHL.

Lindback is 24 years old. Also, I can't imagine the Penguins' defense was as inept as ours is this season.

Lindback showed improvement in a few recent starts and appeared more confident.

He should be our #1 for the rest of this season and the majority of next season. No real reason to trade anything for a goalie - unless it's a great deal. I'd much rather find a franchise goalie than hop between 35+ year olds.

Fleury's fiirst years in the nhl were as an 18 year old. The comparison is not valid.

The pens obviously were way worse on D than tampa when fleury started as they finished at the bottom of the league and drafted crosby malkin and staal.

Small sample of games

Agreed. You need a franchise goalie. Lindback is not one right now.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Fleury's fiirst years in the nhl were as an 18 year old. The comparison is not valid.

The pens obviously were way worse on D than tampa when fleury started as they finished at the bottom of the league and drafted crosby malkin and staal.

Small sample of games

No one expects him to be right now. Yzerman even said last year he wanted a goaltender who would develop with the team.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
No one expects him to be right now. Yzerman even said last year he wanted a goaltender who would develop with the team.

This. Even so, I still think Vasilevskiy is the future at the goaltender position for this team, even if he is about 2 years away from NHL. Lindback I think has what it takes to bridge that gap at least. I dont think we should give up a lot for a stop gap till Vasi is ready. Just my 2 cents on that.

Also. I am officially on the fire Boucher train. As much as I hate to say it.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
From my standpoint it was one of the greatest games I ever saw, I started watching 1 minute before Johnson scored his first goal :laugh:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Missed the game. Noticed Lee cleared waivers, fml. Saw Thompson sign 4 more years, pleased about that! How'd the game go other than them doing the usual and coming back at the end? I saw the scoring summary but how did everybody play? Desjardins look good out there? Any fights? Any big hits?

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010

Small sample of games

That's the whole point of giving him games this season. What would you like to do with Lindback? Bench him? Can't send him to the AHL because he won't clear waivers. His trade value is far lower than his potential value. Only sensible option while developing Vasilevskiy is to play him.

Ignoring the 2003-04 season when Fleury only played 21 games, he was 21-23 years old during the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons. Entering the 05-06 season he had 21 NHL games. Lindback only had 38 NHL games (often as backup) entering this season at 24 years old. In the 2005-06 season Fleury was given 50 games and had a 3.25 GAA and .898 Sv%, Lindback is at 2.88 and .903 Sv%.

Pittsburgh finished 29th in the league in 2005-06. Where do you believe the Lightning will finish this season? Top 10? Top 15? Top 20!? The defenses are not as far apart as you might expect. The Lightning are currently 27th with 27 points but both Calgary and Colorado have 26 points and 2 games in hand (Lightning could easily be 29th team in a game or two).

You are in denial if you think that this comparison is not valid (obviously the situations aren't identical). You are in denial if you think this team is not rebuilding as the Penguins were in 2005-2006. You are in denial if you think that this is not the time to let the young players gel around a young goaltender - a goaltender who looked more confident in his last few starts.

I'm not labelling Lindback the franchise goaltender - and i'm not saying he's Marc-Andre Fleury - but he's this franchise's only sensible option right now. The season is lost, why waste games on Garon?

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The season is lost, why waste games on Garon?

Although I know what you mean and what you're getting at, because most likely Garon would feel like **** and it would be disrespect in the utmost manner to just let him sit the bench when he hasnt been playing bad given the team playing in front of him the last two years. Again, I know its the sensible thing to do for Garon to play and a greater reason for Lindback to play, buts its a dickish move to him. I know its a business and he's a pro, but you've got to play garon too.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Lindbäck is injured so can't give him games now.

When Lindback is back, he better get every ****ing start. Useless to start Garon at this point.

Yes, I am aware. For when Lindback returns, I'm making a case for Boucher to play him as much as possible. Unfortunately we don't have 82 games to distribute among both goalies.

For now, it doesn't really matter, I guess. You could apply my argument to Desjardins getting starts now but which ever decides to play best should get to start.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Came back in and was checking the guide to see what time the game was on tonight. Couldn't find it, checked GDT and saw I missed it. Said damn it! Read thread and am now happy that I didn't waste what was a very good Sat. afternoon.

Was anybody besides the Crunch part of the Tampacuse CrunchBolts any good?

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Came back in and was checking the guide to see what time the game was on tonight. Couldn't find it, checked GDT and saw I missed it. Said damn it! Read thread and am now happy that I didn't waste what was a very good Sat. afternoon.

Was anybody besides the Crunch part of the Tampacuse CrunchBolts any good?

Nope not really. Stamkos and MSL are slipping toward healthy scratch-ville imo. Of course, I'm overty drastic. This season's Stamkos is nowhere near what he was last season. No confidence with the puck and absolutely lost in his own end.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Nope not really. Stamkos and MSL are slipping toward healthy scratch-ville imo. Of course, I'm overty drastic. This season's Stamkos is nowhere near what he was last season. No confidence with the puck and absolutely lost in his own end.

I can't find it again but I saw a video of Stamkos saying how he always spent the last bit of his summer training with Roberts working on defensive game and zone play, but with the unknown start of the season they didn't get to that part this year, coupled with 10 months off without playing in another league, it really shows how far his defensive game has slipped.

Glad I slept in instead of watching, seemed like a gong show.

Tyler Johnson with 2 goals though, Im assuming he played his usual 12 minutes also?

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I can't find it again but I saw a video of Stamkos saying how he always spent the last bit of his summer training with Roberts working on defensive game and zone play, but with the unknown start of the season they didn't get to that part this year, coupled with 10 months off without playing in another league, it really shows how far his defensive game has slipped.

Glad I slept in instead of watching, seemed like a gong show.

Tyler Johnson with 2 goals though, Im assuming he played his usual 12 minutes also?

Tyler Johnson was in beast mode tonight. Every time he touched the puck something good happened. He's a keeper IMO. Cd. Played a hell of a game. Hope they are giving him a try out for next seasons backup spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad