GDT: 3/23/13 - 2:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Absolutely love the Crunch kids.

Stamkos
Marty
Carle
Brewer

All terrible this game. I feel like Chonacher has gotten worse after being promoted to #1 line, but maybe its not him :sarcasm:

It's a lot different going head to head with Turris, Alfredsson line, which Conacher had to do than go head to head with Kassian and Neil, which the kid line had to do. Not knocking anyone here but our top lines get continually outplayed by the oppositions top lines. This is where we are losing games, and we really miss Lecavalier and Malone playing against the oppositions best players. Stammer and MSL look like they have lost there confidence, I just wish there was a magical reset button somewhere !!!!! Then again high draft pick.......Hmmmmmm ?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
LOL! He's not frustrated, he's working. Don't worry everyone! Bobby Boucher is on it! Idiot...

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009
Why does EE even ask Guy questions post-game? The soundbites are ****ing identical every ******* game.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
161det.jpg

This series of Tweets perfectly illustrates the difference between Syracuse and Tampa Bay

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
It's a culture that is there from Cooper and the Veterans, lead by Angelidis. There is a real TEAM mentality there, nobody is bigger than the team.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I really do think at this point they are more interested in breaking in the kids than worrying about wins and losses. They would never say it though, some strange decisions still being made. THE PROCESS ?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Haven't gotten to see too many Lightning games this year, but here were my thoughts:

-Stam and St. Louis were disappointingly quiet today, was hoping they'd get some magic going on the PP.
-Conacher didn't look very good TBH. If I hadn't seen some of your guys earlier games in the season I would wonder wth he is doing in the NHL.
-Nate Thompson, Tyler Johnson, and Alex Killorn all far exceeded any expectations I had. Very useful and hardworking players.
-Cedric Desjardins is pretty awesome.
-Defenders are lacking in transition game outside of Carle and Hedman, but was probably looking worse than usual because of the bad start to the game.

Overall the one pressing concern I have as a fan Stevie Y and bunch of your teams players are: where is the backbone? There was no pushback against the Sens today. Crombeen participated in fights, but didn't do too much in way of sparking the team. I guess you guys have a few injuries, though. Is that the reason? I'm assuming Lecavalier and Malone offer some drive to the net and muscle along the boards, obviously.

Anyways, should be fun to be in your division next year (Wings fan), love watching St. Louis. Stamkos is obviously a beauty, too. Tried out for the same lacrosse team as him in Markham years ago. Good guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad