Pre-Game Talk: 3/21 Rangers @ Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
With the way Ottawa is playing I don't care about #1 anymore. Just get back on track up front.

For some perspective, the Rangers are on a 12 goals in 7 games "schnide" during which they've gone 5-1-1. Do you understand what a "schnide" for other Rangers teams in recent years has been like? If you are freaking out over the Rangers right now you need to R-E-L-A-X. The last GDT thread with Zucc sucks and Nash sucks and all that was just embarrassing.

I've learned to stay away from GDT's when the team is losing/when the team hasn't scored a goal yet.

That's HFNYR for ya.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just crossed the North Carolina border. $35 for the tickets. LGR

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Still hate playing Nash with a slumping Stepan.

Leave Miller with Hayes, Nash with Brass. Do the simple thing, move Fast up with Kreider-Stepan.

They may do this if the new lines don't click.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Still hate playing Nash with a slumping Stepan.

Leave Miller with Hayes, Nash with Brass. Do the simple thing, move Fast up with Kreider-Stepan.

They may do this if the new lines don't click.

He's not going to slump forever. One of Torts' problems was burying players who were slumping. The playoffs are a few weeks away and Stepan is going to be getting more minutes than any other center on this team. You have to let him work through it.

We have a 98% chance to win the division (sports club stats dot com). You work on getting everyone back on their game and in their proper roles. No ridiculous tinkering.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Having nothing to do with "slumps" I still preferred Hayes with Stepan and Kreider while leaving Nash where he has been all season. Also just dont understand why they wouldnt give Lindberg or Klingberg a chance instead of playing stupid Glass

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Would like to see sheppard on the 3rd line for Fast but other than that not bad.

Stepan need to get his head out of his ass.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Having nothing to do with "slumps" I still preferred Hayes with Stepan and Kreider while leaving Nash where he has been all season. Also just dont understand why they wouldnt give Lindberg or Klingberg a chance instead of playing stupid Glass

Klingberg had another 2 assists last night with Hartford. 1 goal & 6 assists in his 7 games with them. The one goal he has scored was the result of him parking his 6'3" frame in front of the net on the Power Play. He rooted himself there like a tree and grabbed a rebound in tight...then put it top shelf.

Edit: I shouldn't be so one-sided and admit that Klingberg is -3 in those 7 games. May have D issues.

Oscar had another goal and assist last night, too.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Klingberg had another 2 assists last night with Hartford. 1 goal & 6 assists in his 7 games with them. The one goal he has scored was the result of him parking his 6'3" frame in front of the net on the Power Play. He rooted himself there like a tree and grabbed a rebound in tight...then put it top shelf.

Edit: I shouldn't be so one-sided and admit that Klingberg is -3 in those 7 games. May have D issues.

Oscar had another goal and assist last night, too.

Both are playing well. They deserve a shot over Glass.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Both are playing well. They deserve a shot over Glass.

AV put Glass in over NHLers Miller, Stempniak, Sheppard, and Fast this year. What the hell makes you think an AHL player could or would possibly take Glass' spot. I'm already worried about what we are going to see when Marty is back in the lineup in a few days, because Fast, Shepp, and Miller have all been playing well. I mean... AV couldn't possibly be this dumb, right?

I hope Glass ABSOLUTELY SUCKS tonight against a bad team and starts to wake AV up a little bit about his utter ineffectiveness on the ice. Literally. I want two goals completely on him while we score like 7. Sheppard has been a good player since he got here. Miller and Fast are good and improving. Glass sniffing the lineup in the playoffs sans injury is inexcusable on a team that stresses rolling 4 lines and overwhelming the opponent.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010

I never hear Carolina in the tanking discussion. Aren't they right there for McDavid? This could be a great night to jump start the offense. I mean... how hard can they be trying.

PERSPECTIVE TIME!

The 1983-84 Oilers had a 5 game losing streak in which they scored 9 goals total and then broke it with a 7 goal outburst against a bad Jets team! And we aren't even losing these games! Those Oilers won a Cup. Their coach. Glen ******* Sather. Full circle, baby. :yo:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I never hear Carolina in the tanking discussion. Aren't they right there for McDavid? This could be a great night to jump start the offense. I mean... how hard can they be trying.

PERSPECTIVE TIME!

The 1983-84 Oilers had a 5 game losing streak in which they scored 9 goals total and then broke it with a 7 goal outburst against a bad Jets team! And we aren't even losing these games! Those Oilers won a Cup. Their coach. Glen ******* Sather. Full circle, baby. :yo:

That bad Jets team had Scott Arniel as a top scorer, in fact that was his best year statistically in the NHL. Jets had no defense and played in the Oilers division.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
That bad Jets team had Scott Arniel as a top scorer, in fact that was his best year statistically in the NHL. Jets had no defense and played in the Oilers division.

46680043_omg_reaction_gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad