GDT: 3/20/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Happy to get the W but Stammer flat out said they didn’t play well but Vassy did.

Hey we have the best goaltender in the world.

I’d like to see all the subs and Dom tomorrow. This was a war and Carolina is fighting for their lives. Sit Heddy or McDonough. Sit Point or Stammer. Sit anyone else that might need it. I want 3 regulars on the bench plus Vassy tomorrow.

Reactions: berlin

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Also tonight showed why Serge is not ready for a top 4 role against this caliber of team. Need Strålman back for the playoffs. Serge will get there but needs bottom pair matchups for now. He could not clear.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Also tonight showed why Serge is not ready for a top 4 role against this caliber of team. Need Strålman back for the playoffs. Serge will get there but needs bottom pair matchups for now. He could not clear.

*pounding table*

hear hear

Stralman and Girardi need to hurry up. I don't trust Rutta

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

*pounding table*

hear hear

Stralman and Girardi need to hurry up. I don't trust Rutta

Agreed on all counts. However, Girardi has been downgraded to "out indefinitely" so we might not see him until after the playoffs start. But Cooper said they're hoping Strålman will be back soon, probably next week after this road trip is over.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Had no business winning that game. Vasy straight up stole that one. I do like that Killorn's TOI was cut quite a bit finally. One of the worst games he's played in his whole live I'll wager.v
Sure we did. The team went into turtle mode in the 3rd for sure though. Probably because there is a game tomorrow. You brought up Killorn, he was the result of two of the caps goals. Take those stupid passes away and it might be a different story.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
He was not alone in that, but I hear ya.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Most of the shot disadvantage (not all, but a huge chunk) came on the PP. They had 16 PP shots the last time the stat was shown, so probably 18-20 total. We had 4, but a big part of that is because we were scoring early. The 12 minutes short-handed added a bit to the gap in shots too.

We definitely got outplayed, but I don't think this game showed any massive flaws or anything. At the end of the day, we're 2-0 against them, and six wins from an NHL record.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Most of the shot disadvantage (not all, but a huge chunk) came on the PP. They had 16 PP shots the last time the stat was shown, so probably 18-20 total. We had 4, but a big part of that is because we were scoring early. The 12 minutes short-handed added a bit to the gap in shots too.

We definitely got outplayed, but I don't think this game showed any massive flaws or anything. At the end of the day, we're 2-0 against them, and six wins from an NHL record.

It didn't help things that we scored on something like 50% of our shots on the PP and had maybe a minute or so of total time used. The Capitals used all 12 minutes, all 16 shots and chased us on the scoreboard all night

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Ugh really?

:(:(:( :help:

Yup. Latest news from Cooper today. :(

But if Stråls does come back for Monday's game, that could slot Sergachev back down with Coburn who has - surprisingly enough - been his best partner.

Hedman-Strålman
~ Stråls tends the home front so Heddy can rampage through villages at 5 on 5 like he did in OT tonight.
McDonagh-Cernak
~ Super shutdown pair of awesomeness that blocks/disrupts (and hits) everything in sight! :heart:
Coburn-Sergachev
~ More solid than I ever expected as Coby seems to really steady Sergy down and holds the fort so Sergy can perhaps unleash his offensive side?

:dunno: We'll see.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Just finished watching. Definitely not a masterpiece, but 57 is 57.
62 means so much to me. We have talked about this but that Detroit team was legendary.

Yes, loser points didn’t exist. But parity is much higher now and Detroit didn’t have a salary cap to keep all those hall of famers. So it is a wash.

This is ABSURD. I thought for sure we would drop a few of the last games given the lack of motivation. But nope. Here we are: 5 games away with 9 to go.

No matter the hero, all we do is win.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This was my exact takeaway. The whistle will be put away in the ECF. No doubt about it. Putting pucks away 5 on 5 and Vasy will determine our fate.

Yeah, both teams have been showing their hand a little in these games. More than we're used to. You can tell TB wants these games badly, but Washington has an answer for us. I wouldn't bet on a series, either way.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just finished watching the game on my dvr. I just wanna know...was Killorn drunk?? God, this dude made the 2 dumbest plays I've seen all season. Someone needs to chew his ass out in the locker room.

Interestingly, we saw him get benched, which never happened to vets pre-Halpern. McGuire also noted that we shortened our bench in the 3rd, another rarity in this age of Lightning hockey. Bodes well for the playoffs, IMO.

Reactions: AlmostThere242

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad