Post-Game Talk: 3-2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He is couple of years away from being a complete mess. His deficiencies are quite obvious if ppl just focus for a few minutes on how he operates with and without the puck. But then again, I wasn't expecting a different response for the criticism of Ekblad since some still suggest that Huberdeau is a misunderstood artist and he's a God's gift to playmaking.
Zito will do what's best for the franchise, just like with Huby, why continue wringing hands now, over a maybe situation down the road?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ekblad is one lower body injury away from the wheels coming off completely. He already has a hard time keeping up and if he gets caught behind the play, he has zero chance of catching up. Hard no on re-signing him at this point.
Everyone is one possible injury away from being cooked if we are being honest, gotta trust Zito to do what's right for the franchise, he got Forsling for 5.75, he knows what he is doing.

McAvoy is getting 9.5 lol Zito will offer what he thinks is best, or he won't.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He is couple of years away from being a complete mess. His deficiencies are quite obvious if ppl just focus for a few minutes on how he operates with and without the puck. But then again, I wasn't expecting a different response for the criticism of Ekblad since some still suggest that Huberdeau is a misunderstood artist and he's a God's gift to playmaking.
I appreciate your frank comments. I do disagree in as far as I view him as a good defensive defenseman. The question is: would I offer much more than the Forsling deal? Probably not.

I do agree there's major risk with him aging; I also do think we need to be honest and recognize our window is the next 2 years. Once we have to pay Verhaege and Lundell the big bucks, we're losing talent

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I appreciate your frank comments. I do disagree in as far as I view him as a good defensive defenseman. The question is: would I offer much more than the Forsling deal? Probably not.

I do agree there's major risk with him aging; I also do think we need to be honest and recognize our window is the next 2 years. Once we have to pay Verhaege and Lundell the big bucks, we're losing talent

I think that purely judging from the fancy stats he should be a top defensive dman but he's obviously, at least in my opinion, not behaving like one because always buzzing around in the o-zone and leaving his defensive post at the blueline leaving Forsling to hold the fort. It's ridiculous. He's definitely benefitting from the fact that the Panthers have so many 2way forwards.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Lundy is going to be affordable until he really breaks out offensively in the regular season

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
This is a very real possibility. I trust Zito to do what is right when the time comes. Feels weird to have a GM I trust not to do something catastrophically stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad