Post-Game Talk: 3-2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I don't think the penalty discrepancy is unfair at all, Panthers have had the puck way more than the Bruins and outplayed them handily, you'll of course get more calls, the 2 legit gripes the Bs have are:

1. If you read the Athletic article on GI the Lightning callbacks make sense (both of them). I won't lie, the Bennett goal didn't. The league's explanation is that they acknowledge the push in but he wasn't going to make the save anyways, but that isn't the rule lol. Again, Panthers are clearly the much better team so I wish they could postpose some of these calls.

2. I don't really get how Benny wasn't suspended. Obviously it was a huge benefit so I'm not complaining but if I was a Bs fan I'd be annoyed lol.
Same
Get that feeling where its gonna flip around and were not gonna be so happy.

We can win without these calls, so kind of annoying to have them keep happening

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Coyle needs one of these so a strong breeze doesn't kill him next game.
coyle.png

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
1. If you read the Athletic article on GI the Lightning callbacks make sense (both of them). I won't lie, the Bennett goal didn't. The league's explanation is that they acknowledge the push in but he wasn't going to make the save anyways, but that isn't the rule lol. Again, Panthers are clearly the much better team so I wish they could postpose some of these calls.

It came down to the call on the ice. There wasn't enough of a push to overturn the call which they don't like to do to begin with. Also how many times has Bob been knocked on his ass without any penalty? Net front battles.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The only thing I can think of is Coyle had positioned himself in the blue paint without any help, well before Bennett ever touched him, and the puck was in before he even started to fall on Swayman, but the on ice officials called it a good goal on the ice, and they hate reversing calls like this unless it's clearly egregious, as soon as they took a bit on the review, I thought it would be upheld at the time as a good goal for those reasons.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
That call on Bennett can go 50/50 because the NHL is inconsistent. It should be a good goal because that was a soft push from Bennett and Coyle flopped plus Sway had no chance. But sometimes the NHL goes stupid and calls even the slightest touch goalie interference.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Since I’ve just started posting again and reading the board it’s so amazing to have all you gurus , I am not a guru but I’m learning.
First Paul has really grown to understand that you cannot ignore a team that had won the Presidents trophy with great offensive prowess yet incorporate a biting defense had have the best of both worlds.
Bob being Bob is a true blessing and we are very lucky he’s in goal. He’s also a great team member.
Barkov is now showing us what we all knew and now we are seeing it.
Chucky can do it all is critical to the teams success in just so many ways and yet is not overly selfish.
And as a team the Panthers in general know their roles seldom lost although it happens but rarely if that.
And finally Zito the Pat Reilly of hockey has built this program to where we are envied as a organization and growing culture admired by many.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Always, AvroArrow had a slight mental breakdown with me just last night on the mains. LOL

I have hurt him irreparably... Its personal for me, I am told.

AvroArrow ? The guy that is absolutely blatantly obviously seriously NOT for the Bruins ? He hates them actually…

But yet, I’ve only encountered him in threads praising Brad Marchand…

Huh ?

:sarcasm: :D

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Plain and simply my loved Panther fans Bennet got away with interference as the rule stands. Not complaining

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
This clip was posted earlier. It is pointed out that Coyle turned his skates and that is why the slight push, not a vicious crosscheck, allowed him to move forward onto Swayman.

If his skates had been to the side, dug in, the Bennett push wouldn't have moved him.

The way the refs called the interference penalties in this game - there were 4! - the goal should have been overturned. There is absolutely no consistency with these guys as several posters pointed out already.

But yeah, you are 100% right. The push was perfectly timed, but was not strong at all, and Coyle could have prevented that easily if he had stuck to his defensive assignment to block or tie up Benny.

Reactions: IdleTraveller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad