GDT: 3/2/21 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I didn't even realize. The universe will always keep its balance.

Killorn will be exactly 0.5 ppg if he gets zero today. Expect a Killer stinker.

Johnson is also 0.5 ppg right now...

what?

The Apostle, Jan Rutta. Is tied for the team lead for +/-, he will become the leader today. The role he was born for. He's basically top 20 in the league. The Apostle, Jan Rutta demands respeck from all of you simple followers.
Killorn took this to heart hence him missing 2 empty nets.

Reactions: These Are The Days

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Remember when we had Lindback as our starting goalie?
I remember the 2014 playoffs, when Montreal swept us...
With Bishop injured, we had Lindback and Gudlevskis....scary movie for real...
Two goalie that probably are good to play in Italy or, at the best, in Europa but not in a top level team...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Rick Bowness on Vasy:

"If there's any other goalie in the league other than Vasy in there tonight, we score some goals. He was great. That's why he's the best goalie in the league."
"I'll take the way we played 5 on 5 all day. I mean that's the Stanley Cup Champion team and they didn't give up anything and we created a lot, but Vasy steals the game for them. That's why he is what he is."

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Vasi played really well - obviously. He's been great since the bubble started - you can count his stinkers on one hand in the past ~40 starts.

I don't want to overstate how his lift has been though. I still think the only "grade A" chance he saw last night was the Cogliano alone in the slot. The D did a good job of forcing shots from bad areas and letting Vasi see them. Even the "breakaway" - by the time Hintz got clear of the defender to shoot he was already at the edge of the blue paint with no chance to lift the puck (I thought Foote played that really well actually). If you watch the highlights last night it looks like a pretty boring night. And I think it was - last night's game was boring. But it isn't our boys job to entertain the Dallas crowd, so I'm fine with that.

That's probably the biggest difference on this team right now. The D doesn't really break down. We're better at relieving pressure. It's really hard to enter our zone with control, and when you're there you get pressured right away. And sending a pass across the slot is impossible right now on the PP or even strength.

Vasi is stopping every shot he's *supposed to*, and a handful of shots he shouldn't. And that's what you want from a goalie making that much dough.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Rutta has been fine since we got away from an aggressive forechecking team like Florida. I think the gameplan against those guys is to roll Hedman - Sergachev / McDonagh - Cernak as much as possible.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Lol, if anyone thought people were "sleeping" on Tampa go read the contenders thread. Outside a couple leafs homers per usual Tampa is the run-away favorite.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad