GDT: 3/18/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
For those interested

This seems severe. Missing a practice and being benched for an entire game because he was two minutes late. If Marty was two minutes late, what happens?

Better to cut a deal with him (maybe still miss the practice), but Drouin would now owe Marty corrective behavior, and maybe a 100% game, or extra work in an area of his game.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
This seems severe. Missing a practice and being benched for an entire game because he was two minutes late. If Marty was two minutes late, what happens?

Better to cut a deal with him (maybe still miss the practice), but Drouin would now owe Marty corrective behavior, and maybe a 100% game, or extra work in an area of his game.

I get the sense that there's a PR spin here to minimize the damage and move on. The circumstances around sitting him on the bench were out of Marty's control. Best to keep this as civil as possible and not motivate the rabid media/fanbase who already hate him.

Reactions: Hoek, DFC and Sky04

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I get the sense that there's a PR spin here to minimize the damage and move on. The circumstances around sitting him on the bench were out of Marty's control. Best to keep this as civil as possible and not motivate the rabid media/fanbase who already hate him.
I did consider something like that, and you may be right.

What I think we can consider as true is that Drouin was two minutes late, and we know that he missed a practice and a game (benched or not).

It's what I feel is a shortcoming of this type of discipline. It works in a very specific way, but doesn't have the flexibility to really improve a player, or increase buy-in.

The Habs have to coach each player individually, so a standardized punishment system is too restrictive.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I doubt Savard was ever available short of an overpayment. Edmundson coukd have been had though. Too bad he only got into one game before the trade deadline came and went
I know the cap issues but this is just a plain need. The type game they play is what we need. Just glancing at the goal diff while respectable Boston has still allowed 50 fewer goals. GA is a bigger issue now than scoring. But we are down in scoring and up in GA.

Reactions: DaBolts

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm in a lot of pain. So I went to sleep. Watched the last 5 minutes. Just looking at the score. They should be ashamed.
Nah, this one could have been a shut out with decent-or-good goaltending. It was one of those games where it felt like we couldn't lose even when we were losing, not because we were dominant, but because we were gonna do just enough to beat them.

You're lucky we dont make you give up 16 teeth, if this is the result we can expect. They looked good against a bad team.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I know the cap issues but this is just a plain need. The type game they play is what we need. Just glancing at the goal diff while respectable Boston has still allowed 50 fewer goals. GA is a bigger issue now than scoring. But we are down in scoring and up in GA.

Except Tampa isn't down in scoring, as they have scored 243 regulation+OT goals in 70 games vs 231 at the same point last season. Goals allowed is slightly worse, 210 GA through 70 this year vs 199 last season, 3.00 vs 2.84. I'm sure Edmundson would've been a solid pick up, but with his injury concerns and just one game back before the deadline, I can see why Tampa didn't pay a premium for him(not to mention any cap gymnastics that may have been needed).

Reactions: Hoek and DFC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad