GDT: 3/18/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Chicago vs Tampa Bay

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Love Colton. Tough win. Chicago plays us tough. They know what we want to do. With kuch they dont have a chance. Point trying to do too much

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Joseph and Colton will be splitting time come playoffs.

If we play Carolina or Florida then Maroon should be the one sitting. Against Columbus and most teams in the East he should play but the two in our division we need speed not grit.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
That's what - 11 out of 12 points from Racist Logos?

Decent.

Carolina lost in OT and Florida in regulation, so we get 1 point of separation!

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Love Colton. Tough win. Chicago plays us tough. They know what we want to do. With kuch they dont have a chance. Point trying to do too much

I think if we had Toews and Dach, that would just about cancel out you guys having Kucherov.

We're crippled at the center position right now.

But regardless of any of that....we're still a young, relatively inexperienced and very sloppy team with much to work on. And you guys are the class of the league(IMO on your way to a repeat).

I'm just glad the league's best team is a team that plays the right way. You defend at a high level AND mix in plenty of speed and skill. Maybe one day the Hawks will be worthy of competing toe-to-toe with you again. The 2015 SCF was an evenly matched war between 2 powerhouses.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I think if we had Toews and Dach, that would just about cancel out you guys having Kucherov.

But regardless of any of that....we're still a young, relatively inexperienced and very sloppy team with much to work on. And you guys are the class of the league(IMO on your way to a repeat).

I'm just glad the league's best team is a team that plays the right way. You defend at a high level AND mix in plenty of speed and skill. Maybe one day the Hawks will be worthy of competing toe-to-toe with you again. The 2015 SCF was an evenly matched war between 2 powerhouses.
Lol you're f***ing high. Salary wise maybe, but Toews is a run of the mill top 6 player and Dach is 19 years old.

Kucherov is one of the most dynamic forwards on the planet. The most overrated player of the 21st Century doesn't cancel that out.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

What a backhanded compliment. Thanks but no thanks.

Reactions: The Macho King

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
What a backhanded compliment. Thanks but no thanks.

Ummmmmmm...wtf??

???

Did u think I was being sarcastic?

You guys are an incredible team. I think ur gonna repeat. I like watching your team play....lots of world-class talent.

What’s with the animosity?

Reactions: NatoGhost and bov

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Ummmmmmm...wtf??

???

Did u think I was being sarcastic?

You guys are an incredible team. I think ur gonna repeat. I like watching your team play....lots of world-class talent.

What’s with the animosity?

Outsider perspective- i don't think you were being sarcastic...but i'm with others in thinking kuch does not = toews + dach...that said the triggered reaction of a couple fans isn't warranted. sometimes when your team has had prolonged success & are perennial contenders with top talent in multiple positions, winning is expected & heads begin to bloat. probably the same people who laughingly shrugged off columbus just before the 2019 playoffs. we should be humble, not arrogant-- remember the miserable days of lightning past, all the losses, embarassment, poor owners, coaches, etc... be thankful for what we've been able to build here, but don't get too cocky. eventually every house of cards comes tumbling down

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Outsider perspective- i don't think you were being sarcastic...but i'm with others in thinking kuch does not = toews + dach...that said the triggered reaction of a couple fans isn't warranted. sometimes when your team has had prolonged success & are perennial contenders with top talent in multiple positions, winning is expected & heads begin to bloat. probably the same people who laughingly shrugged off columbus just before the 2019 playoffs. we should be humble, not arrogant-- remember the miserable days of lightning past, all the losses, embarassment, poor owners, coaches, etc... be thankful for what we've been able to build here, but don't get too cocky. eventually every house of cards comes tumbling down

Just to clarify....If i had to choose in a vacuum between Kucherov and the duo of Toews and Dach I'd choose Kucherov without thinking twice. He's THAT good.

I'm just saying in terms of importance based on their role for the specific team, things would pretty much cancel each other out. Not having your top 2 centers hurts in more ways than missing your best winger(even if that winger is as elite as Kucherov). For instance, the Hawks lost Kane for the final few months of the 2015 regular season....but still hummed right along. Had we lost Toews and Richards instead, and still had Kane, i feel like we would have struggled.

Looking at this season our face offs and puck possession have been so awful, and much of that is because of what is lacking at the center position. And now that the PP and goaltending has cooled off, its REALLY starting to stand out. Just my opinion anyways, maybe I'm wrong. But i think the position/role on the team matters, not just overall talent.

As for the rest of your post i appreciate the wisdom, and i completely understand. I've been there(overly confident/arrogant), and learned over time to try and humble myself. Its only natural, especially if you're a younger fan. Even to this day I'm still not perfect, and sometimes I(or anyone) can misjudge someone's tone or intention by reading a post the wrong way. And then end up responding too quickly and harshly before using reason. So no hard feelings. I just didn't want you guys to think i was trolling or anything like that.

I legitimately think your team is incredible. That collapse to the CBJ has only made you guys stronger in the long run. And now you've got that added swagger from being the champs. Experienced and battle tested. Its a scary sight for the rest of the league.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I know the second line had a goal, and it was a decent cycling shift that led to it, but god damn the top 6 just is not a threat right now. If we're not going to go Palat-Point-Stamkos, let's try Killorn-Point-Stamkos and go with a stud defensive second line of Palat-Cirelli-Gourde. But god damn do something and don't wait until we're down three goals in the third period of a game to do it.

Reactions: Hoek

OdinsFury

Oct 2, 2020
Just to clarify....If i had to choose in a vacuum between Kucherov and the duo of Toews and Dach I'd choose Kucherov without thinking twice. He's THAT good.

I'm just saying in terms of importance based on their role for the specific team, things would pretty much cancel each other out. Not having your top 2 centers hurts in more ways than missing your best winger(even if that winger is as elite as Kucherov). For instance, the Hawks lost Kane for the final few months of the 2015 regular season....but still hummed right along. Had we lost Toews and Richards instead, and still had Kane, i feel like we would have struggled.

Looking at this season our face offs and puck possession have been so awful, and much of that is because of what is lacking at the center position. And now that the PP and goaltending has cooled off, its REALLY starting to stand out. Just my opinion anyways, maybe I'm wrong. But i think the position/role on the team matters, not just overall talent.

As for the rest of your post i appreciate the wisdom, and i completely understand. I've been there(overly confident/arrogant), and learned over time to try and humble myself. Its only natural, especially if you're a younger fan. Even to this day I'm still not perfect, and sometimes I(or anyone) can misjudge someone's tone or intention by reading a post the wrong way. And then end up responding too quickly and harshly before using reason. So no hard feelings. I just didn't want you guys to think i was trolling or anything like that.

I legitimately think your team is incredible. That collapse to the CBJ has only made you guys stronger in the long run. And now you've got that added swagger from being the champs. Experienced and battle tested. Its a scary sight for the rest of the league.
I actually agree with most of what you say! Its much harder to replace your top line Centers than it is a wing! Last year, we lost Stammer but still had Point and Cirelli playing top line Center roles combined with insane numbers that Kuch did put up! I have been impressed with Hawks this year and they are laying foundation for being a really good team in another year or two! You will need more blue line help for sure as that has what really elevated the Bolts from being a really good team to a great team! No team in the league can throw a top 4 caliber D of Hedman, Sergachev, McDonogh and Cernak! Best combination of skill, toughness, puck moving and stopping breakaways!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I know the second line had a goal, and it was a decent cycling shift that led to it, but god damn the top 6 just is not a threat right now. If we're not going to go Palat-Point-Stamkos, let's try Killorn-Point-Stamkos and go with a stud defensive second line of Palat-Cirelli-Gourde. But god damn do something and don't wait until we're down three goals in the third period of a game to do it.

What are you talking about I love watching Stamkos play dump & chase and Point skating himself into a bad angle shot cause they have nothing to play off of.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
What are you talking about I love watching Stamkos play dump & chase and Point skating himself into a bad angle shot cause they have nothing to play off of.
It just kind of blows my mind that Cooper - a guy who preaches process over results (which is a good thing!) - won't shake up the lines until the results look bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad