Post-Game Talk: 3/18/14: Hawks lose 3-2 in OT to the Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

We were lucky to get a point. Not gonna lie I was pissed on the loss. But it took a perfect shot to do it.

Btw.....Sharp was total ****. Whiffing on pucks non stop.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
We were lucky to get a point. Not gonna lie I was pissed on the loss. But it took a perfect shot to do it.

Btw.....Sharp was total ****. Whiffing on pucks non stop.

He's the biggest disappointment for me. After he made the Olympics his effort level has dropped off significantly.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
2010 team had a stretch where they went 3-6-2.

Also, think about how many games these guys have played since Jan 2013. More than anyone ever? But nah... It's because they don't want it enough, it's because country club Q lets them relax too much (after playing 130 games in 15 months).

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
The Hawks have 8 regulation losses in 27 games since January 1st. Those 4 on 4 OTs and shootouts in the playoffs are really going to hurt them. :sarcasm:

First of all, OT nd SO losses are still losses.

And yes, there is a good chance they do hurt them in the postseason. It's already cost us a chance at a favorable first round matchup, and it could cost us home ice altogether.

Why are people still pretending that the Hawks aren't significantly increasing their difficulty of their road to the Cup? These losses are hurting the team, people.

Nothingman*

Brookbank just cannot be out there anymore. Has been noticeably awful recently.

Don't get me started. He was a turnover machine that was falling down with a slight bump. Just terribad from him tonight. And he got served in a fight. I guess his one success tonight was being a ****ing punching bag.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
2010 team had a stretch where they went 3-6-2.

Also, think about how many games these guys have played since Jan 2013. More than anyone ever? But nah... It's because they don't want it enough, it's because country club Q lets them relax too much (after playing 130 games in 15 months).

3-6-2 is like 3 weeks.

And if they're wearing down, that's not exactly a favorable alternative to them just not caring.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...another POINT TAKEN that the Hawks marketing dept. will promote as some kind of achievement..but we Hawks fans know what it really means...another Loss in 2014..another after regulation loss on the season's gigantic total of such..another FAIL..fact is we did not even deserve the point...our super stars failed...but PHI 's Group and Hartnell were huge stars. ..dominating against us..brightly shingle per expectation..our big guns silenced..a terrible FAIL..somebody check all the FAIL boxes we checked tonight..probably about 15 items we did or did not do leading to the FAIL...the players ought to take blame but also how about a coaching staff presiding again on another FAIL..no 700th win for you Q...and rightly so after this sorry mess. Your stars gotta produce...nope..your team gotta want...nope..you managed to lose even though the hockey gods gave you a 4 goal post lucky pass..and what happened to our vaunted puck possession game? AND Bookmark was Purim and Teddy still has no conception plays from behind our net or on the.physical boarder game when a guy like Hartnell dominates him back there.and Toes sunk tonight..a bit of credit for Kane who did try more than he usually does..Sharp cannot find the back of the net for his life.. The only silver lining is that we gain a point on the As who got clambered by MTL. .how come the Has can easily turn the god Varlamov to mush and can wipe the smile from Roy's face..but our stupor stars cannot dent them? Then again we failed to bomb Every whose save% coming in was worse than meh.? Get your.knew Blackjack video. .THE NiGHTS OF REPEATING FAIL..only.$79 plus S&H...yech!!!!

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
That moment when you realize this team probably won't have as many wins at the 11-12 team....

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
3-6-2 is like 3 weeks.

And if they're wearing down, that's not exactly a favorable alternative to them just not caring.

You guys keep questioning their effort and heart, just letting you know what the Stanley Cup champions are up against.

He'll I wouldn't mind sitting Toews, Kane and Keith for the remainder if they wanted to because these games just don't matter.

We are playing Colorado, period. No need to get lathered up over some random games in March.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
First of all, OT nd SO losses are still losses.

And yes, there is a good chance they do hurt them in the postseason. It's already cost us a chance at a favorable first round matchup, and it could cost us home ice altogether.

Why are people still pretending that the Hawks aren't significantly increasing their difficulty of their road to the Cup? These losses are hurting the team, people.

8 regulation losses in 27 games projects to 24 regulation losses over 82 games. The Hawks had 22 regulation losses in 09/10. So no, these past 3 months have not been jam packed with losses.

You can think whatever you want, but OT and SO losses are not losses. The Hawks still got a point, and there are no 4 on 4 OTs or shootouts in the playoffs, which is what I was alluding to in my post.

If they didn't suck ass in OT this year, their record would look a lot better. But OT in the playoffs is completely different, so it doesn't matter.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
You guys keep questioning their effort and heart, just letting you know what the Stanley Cup champions are up against.

He'll I wouldn't mind sitting Toews, Kane and Keith for the remainder if they wanted to because these games just don't matter.

We are playing Colorado, period. No need to get lathered up over some random games in March.

sounds hot

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013

These games DO matter. Why do we keep pretending they don't. Why do you think we're playingColorado in the first place?

And believe it or not, home ice matters too. People have their heads in the sand when they say these games are irrelevant.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

I don't agree that these games don't matter. Teams that try to turn it on like it's a light-switch when the playoffs start, usually don't go very far.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
You guys enjoy being miserable. Remember how dissatisfied you were during this Blackhawks run 15 years from now when we are tanking alongside the Oilers hoping for another Toews to bring us back to glory.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
I wonder how far the Blackhawks could have gone in the postseason in 2010-2011 if they won more regular season games and didn't have to face the 1 seed in the first round.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
You guys enjoy being miserable. Remember how dissatisfied you were during this Blackhawks run 15 years from now when we are tanking alongside the Oilers hoping for another Toews to bring us back to glory.

I don't see anyone acting miserable. If you choose to misinterpret people's concern, then that's your own problem.

Nothingman*

We all must remember that we were the first Prez team to win the Cup in a long time. Being in good position is definitely helpful but not required.

I guess the practice about net presence lasted all if one game.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
And at the same time, getting a point in 19 out of 27 games.

Unless you're an 8 seed in the East, points in 19 out of 27 games is not an accomplishment.

I don't see anyone acting miserable. If you choose to misinterpret people's concern, then that's your own problem.

I'll admit, watching this team over the last 3 month has been pretty miserable.

The thing that sucks is that it's been so long so we've been able to actually feel good about this team. I miss it. Remember earlier in the season when we were scoring at will? Now it's a constant struggle. EVen when they win, it just feels like a relief, like they escaped with a win.

When your team reaches the top, it's really hard to watch them fall off. It's just depressing to watch them right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad