GDT: 3/17 | Happy Birthday Captain Planet: Bruins @ Pittsburgh | *12:30 PM* | NBC, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

IS it 12:30 cuz thats 9:30 am for me and the past few matinees have said 12:30 only to be one

Nei1ey*

Vokoun is starting for us, guys.

Maybe preview of the ECF?

Good luck and hopefully no injuries. :handclap:

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
IS it 12:30 cuz thats 9:30 am for me and the past few matinees have said 12:30 only to be one

Always check NHL.com, it's the television stations like NESN that get you in trouble with this stuff because they include their half hour pre-game show on their commercials often. Actual 12:30 start tomorrow.

If the Bruins get a lead and sit back on it I don't what I'll do but I won't be happy. Pittsburgh will give up scoring chances, just keep going out and getting them.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Get to watch the first TWO periods tomorrow and listen to the remainder on the radio!

A 12:00 start (Central) at work kills me...just miss the end of the game on the radio usually...but the 11:30 start means I should get to see/hear it all for once.

Last edited:

panny2727

Oct 12, 2010
this is gonna be high intensity hockey for boston. is pittsburgh ready for it?? I don't think they realize whats coming today. I could see a blow out, Boston 6-2.

Kunitz Dead!
Neil Dead!
Dupuis Dead!

matt cooke.......

I also however see the league not allowing it and the refs sending a message to the bruins for their style of challenging everyone. could be penalties galore. as brick said its pay back weekend and i don't see anything less coming out for the bruins

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
this is gonna be high intensity hockey for boston. is pittsburgh ready for it?? I don't think they realize whats coming today. I could see a blow out, Boston 6-2.

Kunitz Dead!
Neil Dead!
Dupuis Dead!

matt cooke.......

I`m pretty sure the team on an 8 game win streak is ready, are our boys ready to start putting consistent 60 minute efforts together? If so, I could see your scenario unfolding, hoping the energy from yesterday is what this team rides for the long run

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Get to watch the first TWO periods tomorrow and listen to the remainder on the radio!

A 2:30 start (Central) at work kills me...just miss the end of the game on the radio usually...but the 11:30 start means I should get to see/hear it all for once.

I feel your pain, 12:30 EST start for me means I punch out at about the second an overtime would start.

Thankfully my commute means I catch some if it goes to OT...

...in fact it's 8:01 now, I'm gonna put my boots on and be five minutes late. :P

panny2727

Oct 12, 2010
I`m pretty sure the team on an 8 game win streak is ready, are our boys ready to start putting consistent 60 minute efforts together? If so, I could see your scenario unfolding, hoping the energy from yesterday is what this team rides for the long run

if pittsburgh plays like they did the first 40 minutes of the other night this one is over quickly imo. If they don't up that level they don't got enough tommorrow

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
if pittsburgh plays like they did the first 40 minutes of the other night this one is over quickly imo. If they don't up that level they don't got enough tommorrow

Our boys played skating in the sand hockey, 100% defensive and the Pens were playing hard, just had issues penetrating the D system, you do recall the Bruins had exactly a dozen shots after only 2 periods?? They cannot play anywhere near that level with hopes of snapping the Pens winning streak and I suspect they won`t.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The B's need to BEAT this team so they know that they can.

Please get the 2 points with no injuries to any of the B's.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

panny2727

Oct 12, 2010
Our boys played skating in the sand hockey, 100% defensive and the Pens were playing hard, just had issues penetrating the D system, you do recall the Bruins had exactly a dozen shots after only 2 periods?? They cannot play anywhere near that level with hopes of snapping the Pens winning streak and I suspect they won`t.

you are correct the bruins were toast, and the pens didn't even score in the first 40. My opinion is if pitts doesn't raise their level from tuesday they are not winning this game

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Happy Birthday, Andrew!

FerenceGulfSpill.jpg

Andrew-Ference-Stylish-Bostonian-2013.jpg

andrew-ference-fashion.jpg

andrew-ference-fashion2.jpg

with tomorrow's birthday boy:
ference-chara.jpe

after yesterday's game, taking time to greet family of Maggie who has rare bone marrow failure disorder:

BFgaprGCMAEXjs3.jpg:large

Go :bruinss!

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Simply put: Bruins need the 2 points today. They play one of the two game in hand they have vs Habs.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Happy Birthday, Andrew!

FerenceGulfSpill.jpg

ference-chara.jpe

after yesterday's game, taking time to greet family of Maggie who has rare bone marrow failure disorder:

Nice Thanks Sooshii :)

Andy Ference is one cool dude. I wished Andy a Happy Birthday when he past by us yesterday.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
If the team that played yesterday shows up today I think they win. If the team that played on Tuesday shows up they don't have a chance.

Just wish I wasn't missing this one.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Part of the Pens strategy is to hit Chara as much as they can. Especially Neal. They really try to finish their checks against him. If I'm the Big Z, I'd get the elbow up and stick too. If Neal wants one in the chops or a woodburger(that's what they called it before composite sticks) come get some. Need to play a little meaner against these guys. Like Philly does.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Happy Birthday, Andrew!

FerenceGulfSpill.jpg

ference-chara.jpe

ink.

that is all.

HB, Andy!

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
You know the Penguins are going to be physical because that's how they play the game and the Bruins should not just let Crosby skate around untouched again.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Has anyone set up a betting pool to guess when Pittsburgh will get their league mandated 5-on-3 PP in this game?

I am guessing 12:15 into the 2nd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad