GDT: 3/16/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina VS Tampa Bay

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
All of the kids were phenomenal. I was glad to see Johnson look more confident last night, kid's got so much talent. I was also really happy to see Carle have less TOI than Gudas :handclap:. Though I will admit that Carle looked a bit more solid last night.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah, I thought about the Blake comparison last night too. It's like having a Mack truck back there.

Whoa, lets slow down a bit with those comparisons. Blake was an all star and one of the best defenseman in the league when he played. If Gudas had Brewers frame I can see it a little but his offense isn't close to Blakes level.
The Kasparitis comparison that Boucher made was much closer. They both were smaller in stature, great hip checks and ok offense. Kasparitis had a bomb of a shot and I haven't really seen Gudas tee one up yet.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Whoa, lets slow down a bit with those comparisons. Blake was an all star and one of the best defenseman in the league when he played. If Gudas had Brewers frame I can see it a little but his offense isn't close to Blakes level.
The Kasparitis comparison that Boucher made was much closer. They both were smaller in stature, great hip checks and ok offense. Kasparitis had a bomb of a shot and I haven't really seen Gudas tee one up yet.

The only comparison actually made was in reference to the composition of there posteriors.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
The only comparison actually made was in reference to the composition of there posteriors.

Yep. It comes from the stability that their lower body strength gives. For a defenseman it's invaluable. Most goalies appreciate a sturdy guy on his skates helping him out around the dirty areas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad