GDT: 3/14/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
I think we clearly carried play in the 2nd half of the game, but we got some luck in the first half. Which is a nice change of pace. We have been snakebit by posts and unlucky bounces and reviews quite a bit lately.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Was hoping for maybe 3 points out of 6 against them given the way they've been playing and the way Tampa's been playing. Tonight was a very encouraging start. We'll find out if 19 games of mostly garbage hockey was the end of it soon enough.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Was hoping for maybe 3 points out of 6 against them given the way they've been playing and the way Tampa's been playing. Tonight was a very encouraging start. We'll find out if 19 games of mostly garbage hockey was the end of it soon enough.
I think this stretch against a team like the Devils will be a good warm up in terms of adjusting over a playoff series. Definitely liked out start tonight. But yeah it does have to wear on us that this is mostly garbage time in the regular season, with the chance of us taking home ice from the Leafs. Definitely a reason why I hate the playoff format.

Reactions: JTBF81

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

It's time!

iu

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Hagel needs to stay on that top line with Kuch and Point.

Stammer needs to start playing selfish hockey and shoot more, and by "more" I mean all the freaking time.

I'd like to see Paul bumped up to the second line as a winger with Cirelli and Killorn so Stamkos can center the 3rd line. Colton and Jeannot's only job will be to play solid defense and give the puck to Stamkos. He needs to start shooting from everywhere and only try to score. He has the shot to do it but still try's to make cute passes and set up plays that just aren't there.

I'm not saying it should be a permanent line, I just think it might help him get into a shooting mindset which is where he is most dangerous.

I cringe every time I see the puck on his backhand about to make a cross ice pass.
That puck should be aimed and launched at the net from any angle.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I think this stretch against a team like the Devils will be a good warm up in terms of adjusting over a playoff series. Definitely liked out start tonight. But yeah it does have to wear on us that this is mostly garbage time in the regular season, with the chance of us taking home ice from the Leafs. Definitely a reason why I hate the playoff format.
TOR has two games in hand on us and a 2 pt lead so catching them for home ice is not likely.

The only upside to us having played more games - there was a time when we were 4 or 5 behind in terms of GP league wide and now we tied for the most with 68 - is maybe a little less wear and tear down the stretch.

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
TOR has two games in hand on us and a 2 pt lead so catching them for home ice is not likely.

The only upside to us having played more games - there was a time when we were 4 or 5 behind in terms of GP league wide and now we tied for the most with 68 - is maybe a little less wear and tear down the stretch.
I really like starting a series on the road, but against a really good team, I’d rather have Game 7 at home.

The Leafs, while clearly a very good team, are headcases until further notice. We won Game 7 in their barn last year. They pulled an all-out nuclear arms race to beat us this year. But they’re still weak in goal and weak in the knees when it comes to winning time. Home ice or no, I ain’t scurred.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Best performance by Raddysh so far. Boys played good, lucky to have made it out of the first alive though. Room for improvement. Can't believe 6irelli scored a SHG in back to back games now. I'm sure that hit 5ernak took will knock him out for 3 games.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Best performance by Raddysh so far. Boys played good, lucky to have made it out of the first alive though. Room for improvement. Can't believe 6irelli scored a SHG in back to back games now. I'm sure that hit 5ernak took will knock him out for 3 games.

I like Raddysh too but we got Hagel now and don't you forget it.

6irelli gets credit being there to tap in the puck but both those goals are because Hagel thinks he's 2020 Brayden Point.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They've been doing a great job o f keeping teams to the outside lately.
Maybe they are trying to practice this style for when they have to play fast teams?
Just let them pass all day long and shoot from the outside.
I do think Cooper sometimes uses the regular season as practice, and there seems to be a clear directive to worry about defense and not scoring for the time-being. Our success always starts in our own end. It's probably why Coop is trying to take the heat off the scoring woes in the media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad