Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

NHL Scores | Hockey Scoreboard

OOOClph.jpg
daGefRW.jpg

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Is there something happening today that has most of the NHL playing day games rather than tonight? Is today Hockey Day In America or Canada? I love Hockey all day long, but it seems weird there are only like 4 games tonight.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
There are many quirks in hockey I don't really understand, like taping the stick, taping below the knee cap, and I think smelling salt might have joined the list. I could only imagine it helps wake people up?

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Coming from someone who likes both Marshy and the Hawks: I think Marshy was legitimately just trying to get out of the way in that collision and it was just an unfortunate result for Duclair. Sucks for Duclair but glad Marshy is OK at least.

Ed27

Dec 20, 2015
The Bruins are kind of lucky not to be trailing after the opening period. And that's considering they blew a two goal lead.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know who the referees are in the Flyers/Jets game, but the fact that the away referee had to make that call on Wheeler tripping Provorov is not acceptable.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
There are many quirks in hockey I don't really understand, like taping the stick, taping below the knee cap, and I think smelling salt might have joined the list. I could only imagine it helps wake people up?

Taping the stick is to help with grip on the puck. Taping below the knee cap is so the shin pad stays in place and you're pretty much right about smelling salts.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Why did they stop play in the Flyers game? The horn blew, but I thought there had to be an actual stoppage in play to review a goal and then any time that was used on a good goal would go back on the clock. It also seems like the Flyers should be given a penalty for delay of game for blowing the horn.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Why did they stop play in the Flyers game? The horn blew, but I thought there had to be an actual stoppage in play to review a goal and then any time that was used on a good goal would go back on the clock. It also seems like the Flyers should be given a penalty for delay of game for blowing the horn.
It's the NHL hat stopped the play, not the Flyers. They reviewed it in the war room while play was still going on, deemed it was a good goal and rather than having play go on, they told the guy in the box to stop play some refs could quickly review it and call it a goal. No sense in play continuing for possibly 5 minutes just to have to go back to when the goal was scored and start over. It was the correct call.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It's the NHL hat stopped the play, not the Flyers. They reviewed it in the war room while play was still going on, deemed it was a good goal and rather than having play go on, they told the guy in the box to stop play some refs could quickly review it and call it a goal. No sense in play continuing for possibly 5 minutes just to have to go back to when the goal was scored and start over. It was the correct call.

Interesting. I've seen it happen where you can play like 5 minutes and have it be for naught. Your way seems much more efficient.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Interesting. I've seen it happen where you can play like 5 minutes and have it be for naught. Your way seems much more efficient.
Yea, I think they implemented at a few years back. The war room will go back and review while play is still going on and if they know it's a goal, they'll have the play stopped.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
DeBrusk wow, love the kids compete level, speed and hockey sense. Plus he is a great at the back check and stealing pucks.

Reactions: Ed27

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Passed over in the draft 3 times, Matthew Highmore scores his first NHL goal :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad