GDT: #3 - 10/07/18 | RANGERS @ hurricanes | 5:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
In Pionk's defense, he's been anchored to Staal. In critique of him, he's been a minus player since he's entered the league. He put up points in his stint last year. The points better come, or else he'll be in Hartford sooner rather than later.

Is it so hard to do this?

Skjei-DeAngelo
Smith-Pionk
Staal-Shattenkirk

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think some of you are being way too harsh about Pionk.

Staal sucks, McQuaid sucks, Smith sucks, but are Shattenkirk and Skjei actually playing any better?

What do some of you expect? We don't employ a top pairing defenseman. You aren't going to get great play from any of them. Pionk is not one of the biggest problems on the defense.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'd like to see some line moves as well as maybe trying Claussen instead of Staal and DeAngelo instead of maybe Pionk(not that hes been terrible but Shattenkirk and McQuaid aren't coming out.)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Staal sucks, McQuaid sucks, Smith sucks, but are Shattenkirk and Skjei actually playing any better?

What do some of you expect? We don't employ a top pairing defenseman. You aren't going to get great play from any of them. Pionk is not one of the biggest problems on the defense.

Skjei for sure is and if we're being honest, so is McQuaid.

Reactions: Lays

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The fact that maybe two are playing better than him proves the point.

Not maybe, Skjei has legit been awesome through 2 games.

I'd probably put Pionk at either 4 or 5 amongst the D. I havent loved Shattenkirk's game so far either.

Staal has been his own level of suck and maybe thats rubbing off on him, so either they need to sit Staal and pair him with someone else or they sit him and see if DeAngelo can perform better with the abomination that is Marc Staal.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I'd like to see DeAngelo and Namestnikov back in tonight. Not counting on it though. Wouldn't mind Claesson getting in there either. More mobility and couldn't be any worse with the puck than Staal. Which has been a big issue so far on defense.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I sense a dominant performance

12-0 NYR

Georgiev (4)
Buchnevich (3)
Zibanejad (3)
Chytil
And even Kravtsov will pot one tonight

LGR!!!

Spooner will have 12 assists tonight, some just by breathing on the puck as it lasers by.

Reactions: Lays

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Not maybe, Skjei has legit been awesome through 2 games

I'd probably put Pionk at either 4 or 5 amongst the D. I havent loved Shattenkirk's game so far either.

Staal has been his own level of suck and maybe thats rubbing off on him, so either they need to sit Staal and pair him with someone else or they sit him and see if DeAngelo can perform better with the abomination that is Marc Staal.

Staal was the first post-game locker room interview MSG did last night, and he lamented that the game is so fast nowadays. Enough said.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I listened to Giannone's podcast today and they mentioned that Hayes will start with 2nd line duties centering Vesey and Zuccarello. No other lineup mentions aside from what we already know about Georgiev. I guess we'll find out about any moves at Quinn's pregame presser.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
I am not going to play Nostradamus, because I do not know what will happen. If we get a similar performance of the last two games, I will be very happy. It’s been entertaining.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kind of unacceptable for DeAngelo to not get into one of these first 3 games in 4 nights. Especially with the way Pionk has played.
I feel like I’m the only one who thinks this but Pionk has been really good. Let’s not forget this is his first full year, we overly criticize him.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
First 3 games have been at awkward times for me to watch, but...I think this is the stuff we're going to have to resign ourselves to this season. The team can play well, put up shots, push play, have a better overall structure, but I think they're going to struggle to score a bit and the PK seems to be an issue so far. If the talented guys on this team can't find a way to step up a bit and finish their chances then it's gonna be a long season scoring wise

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

holy shit...i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad