GDT: 3/1 7:07 PM - Game 62 - It's MARCH and here come the Penguins | NESN, NBCSN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What is your coach doing? Why is Heinen being scratched for Brian Gionta? Even if Heinen has cooled down and hit a rookie wall, he's still alot better than Gionta.

Not that I'm complaining as a pens fan. Just found it a bit odd.
That makes two of us who are confused my friend.

Reactions: BMC

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
or no, not in a regular season game, not that you need to give some time to your bench players to be ready come play offs and injuries...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Don't like Heinen sitting in favor of Gionta. Unless Danton is banged up too.

I don't like it either, but hopefully it works out. Heinen hasn't been great lately and a break wouldn't be a bad thing. I think it's more that I'd prefer a different option than Gionta, but he's on the team and they're going to need to get him looks. I will say I wish we weren't doing it against the Penguins.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
I don't like it either, but hopefully it works out. Heinen hasn't been great lately and a break wouldn't be a bad thing. I think it's more that I'd prefer a different option than Gionta, but he's on the team and they're going to need to get him looks. I will say I wish we weren't doing it against the Penguins.

Yeah, this is more or less where I sit on the matter. Gionta looked awful in the Olympics, but it was inevitable that he was going to get minutes.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Anyone blaming Krug for the PP outage is out to lunch. One guy isn't the issue and laughable to suggest otherwise.

True.

If anyone asks me, it's just a bit of general, team-wide funk, after a 76/77-Canadiens-grade performance for 35 games.
I am happy that if it had to come - and I thought that the likelihood was very high that it would come - it is now and not on game 1 of the playoffs.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I'm surprised at Gryz sitting but not Heinen. I think it'll be good for Heinen to get a break, he's been pretty awful for at least the last couple of weeks.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yeah, this is more or less where I sit on the matter. Gionta looked awful in the Olympics, but it was inevitable that he was going to get minutes.

It is probably a stretch, but maybe big ice doesn't suit Gionta anymore. He may very well be done, but he did put up 15G/35P last season.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I'm surprised at Gryz sitting but not Heinen. I think it'll be good for Heinen to get a break, he's been pretty awful for at least the last couple of weeks.

I wonder if maybe this is a strategy to rest some players, so as not to be too gassed for the playoffs? The Bruins play once every other day for the next five weeks and management must be wondering how to handle this & still be perfectly fresh for the playoffs.

Reactions: TCB

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He absolutely brings elite offense for a defenseman. It doesn’t mean he’s an elite defenseman (which no one ever said). But he brings elite offense

When I look up "Elite" offensive defenseman in the dictionary Krug's name didn't come up. I will concede he's a good offensive defenseman, not much more. Grizz giving the same time on the PP will produce points as well.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
True.

If anyone asks me, it's just a bit of general, team-wide funk, after a 76/77-Canadiens-grade performance for 35 games.
I am happy that if it had to come - and I thought that the likelihood was very high that it would come - it is now and not on game 1 of the playoffs.
One thing I’d like to see is Krug develop a wrist shot. The guy can pound the puck but all he’s doing with it is scaring the children behind the glass.

Put a wrister on net and let your forwards get greasy. Teams do it because it works.

Oh and sometime in this lifetime having a left and right winger that can actually take a one timer without whiffing would be great too.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Stop calling for Krug to be scratched. It would be a huge slap in the face for a veteran of Krug's calibre to have to sit out, and Cassidy isn't going to do that. Plus, has he even been that bad? Haven't watched the last couple of games, but somehow I doubt it. If I were Krug and were scratched, I would immediately demand a trade.

Reactions: sooshii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce