GDT: 3/1/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina VS Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope LA plays Ben tomorrow night vs. the Leafs. That'll probably be a little more fun to watch.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Not sure what to make of this win. I'd have liked to have seen a little more urgency in such an important game... but playing like garbage all night only to turn it on in the dying minutes and take the win was pretty much our MO two years ago. So maybe these guys are feeling it again?

Go Bolts!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
3 points out with 20 games remaining, it's possible.

It's definitely possible. But we're gonna need to be the team that played Ottawa a lot more than the team that played Carolina tonight.

7-1-2 I guess.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We have lost a lot of games we should have won this year. Tonight we won when we didn't deserve it.

These things always find a way to balance out

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Garbage performance tonight.

On the other hand, look at that whack ass lineup we iced tonight...brutal.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I mean there is no doubt that the trades must have had an effect on them, I mean losing not only three teammates but also three friends so close to one another must be hard so I'll take this game, I think it will be good for the guys to get out on the road for a bit and hang out as a team. I don't think it's an excuse for tonight but could be an explonation, guess we'll see in the next couple of games.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Really solid showing from Vasi tonight. 3 pucks went by him but all 3 were deflections, and 2 of those went off his teammates.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Stole 2 points, haha. Vasi was good I think all the goals were deflections and he did help us survive a horrible first period

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
That 2nd goal was barely deflected. He should have saved it but he wasn't positioned correctly. Saying it was deflected is just making an excuse for a bad goal. Doesn't mean he's a bad goalie but he doesn't get a free pass for his mistakes.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That 2nd goal was barely deflected. He should have saved it but he wasn't positioned correctly. Saying it was deflected is just making an excuse for a bad goal. Doesn't mean he's a bad goalie but he doesn't get a free pass for his mistakes.

Agreed, but a positive is that he won a game that we shouldn't, didn't have a .940+ save % but he kept us in the game long enough for the offense to come through, which is what Bishop did on occasion.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

That 2nd goal was not Vasilevskiy's fault. It was all on Sustr, stop trying to defend him by throwing Vasilevskiy under the bus. He gave the shooter too much time, didn't get down to block the shot and clearly had a huge deflection that no goalie could stop. Dotchin had an amazing game again too.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
That 2nd goal was not Vasilevskiy's fault. It was all on Sustr, stop trying to defend him by throwing Vasilevskiy under the bus. He gave the shooter too much time, didn't get down to block the shot and clearly had a huge deflection that no goalie could stop. Dotchin had an amazing game again too.

+1 Sustr was horrible and it was the worst defensive team effort I can remember. They were slow and indecisive all night. If not for Vasi I would have left after the first period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad