GDT: 3/1/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

Yzlamic Preacher*

Yeah, there's nothing else to do. We lost one we should have won. Let's hope it motivates them.

Maybe this will get Yzerman to get something moving. Teams around us are improving. We are standing pat when games like this show we shouldn't be.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe this will get Yzerman to get something moving. Teams around us are improving. We are standing pat when games like this show we shouldn't be.

Prices around the league are ridiculous. We can't pay what the Rangers are giving up.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Prices around the league are ridiculous. We can't pay what the Rangers are giving up.

No, but we aren't looking for a Yandle or something. Hopefully we target someone like Braun.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Rangers have basically sold their souls to the devil for another run at the cup right now.

This group can beat almost anyone in the league if they play their hearts out like they did on Friday. Tonight was just a WTF moment, this team is much better than this, and just want to move on instead of getting into the "we are doomed" discussion and need to start trading people.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
14/18 remaining are divisional opponents.

Montreal x3
Boston x3
Detroit x2
Florida x2
Toronto x2
Ottawa x1
Buffalo x1

Need to play them all for 60 min like we did vs Chicago or even the last 10 min of today all game.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Saying all the right things...

I mean, this was kind of a weird games, in that the guys that are normally solid night in night out were the ones that looked really bad. Stralman had a bad game (even though I think he walked out with 2 points), Cally and Flip were both pretty bad too. None of the lines (other than the fourth) had any jump, and this was Connolly's worst game in awhile.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No, but we aren't looking for a Yandle or something. Hopefully we target someone like Braun.

Yeah, but even the lesser players are going for near the equivalent of 1st rounders. Unless that comes down, and it might, it's just not worth it for the guys who're left. As of now I wouldn't mind if we gave a 1st as part of a deal for Wiz, but he's made it clear he doesn't want to move.

Not sure what Braun would require, but it would be an overpayment. And he's not a massive upgrade. I wouldn't mind acquiring him, but guys are getting way more than they're worth right now because teams are loading up.

I hope we get some help too, but the price has to be right. And right now GMs league wide seem to be losing their minds.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
The mental makeup of this team makes feel it's best to not overpay for help. Maybe they decide to show up in the playoffs every night and we go somewhere. They definitely aren't playing like they deserve help from Stevie Y

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Saying all the right things...

I mean, this was kind of a weird games, in that the guys that are normally solid night in night out were the ones that looked really bad. Stralman had a bad game (even though I think he walked out with 2 points), Cally and Flip were both pretty bad too. None of the lines (other than the fourth) had any jump, and this was Connolly's worst game in awhile.

dont agree we played a really crappy period in second but stralman was good 1st and third whole team played like idiots in second and it cost us this game first was even we dominated the third espeically the end of it. cally didnt notice much when did he was not at net neither was paquette often flip played ok I thought

kucherov was good thought nesterov had a good game thought drouin had a rookie game great moments and the ahhhhhh shucks moments lol which you take in stride with rookies palat was ok connolly was only guy on his line that was noticeable so not sure what you saw I didnt.

fourth line had moments in first and then only was drouin having moments good and bad in this game.

We must view things differently when one team has seeing eye pucks and the other doesnt games like this can happen

we had stamkos for two more goals open johnson wide open net killorn post

is a whatever these games happen I didnt like the second but we are young and inconsistent. We probably have at least one more year of that nonsense at times:)

BUT MAN TO EVERYONE what a game some great passes some great fantastic plays florida looked good at times like they have a shot at running down boston.

pretty cool to me honestly not happy we fell asleep got blitz didnt wake up in time. Was interesting though and were good things to take away. At least to me.

DIDNT like cally playing top of blue line he should always be going to net and he was floating at times tonight even in third that is annoying didnt notice paquette at all or boyle much and those are the guys we must get the dirty goals from.

So yeah that part is fixable maybe they just had brain freezes tonight forgot their roles:)

With a goalie like this we had to be in front of net and we were not and I blame those three guys kucherov was palat was johnson was and stamkos was.

Our other guys were not in their usual places and it happened often and is basically something that will fix itself but is probably what cost us this one.

Yet as said we got blitzed in second didnt win puck battles didnt clear correctly miss pass after miss pass just a bad period and they they got the seeing eye pucks:(

Shame but no one will win them all:)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

I just don't see any move we could make fixing all of our issues. I don't see the point in moving important assets if they're just gonna piss away their chances with performances like this.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
This whole "fall three goals behind in the 3rd then turn on the after burners" strategy is not a sustainable one and not one that will result in many wins. Stop doing this.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Wow that was bad.

EDIT: I will say that I saw one shift of Jo-Stamkos-Cally and it was FIRE.

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Too little too late. Lazy as ****, particularly the forward top 9 who didn't give the defense any support on the breakout. Inexcusable at this point of the season against a tired team.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow that was bad.

EDIT: I will say that I saw one shift of Jo-Stamkos-Cally and it was FIRE.

Yeah, hoping that will be the line moving forward, but might not be this season because of Drouin's development. Don't want to see Cally thrown to the 3rd line because of TKO locking in the 2nd line. Figured he would be there towards the end of his contract, has too much to give now and needs to be in a top 6 role.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Too little too late. Lazy as ****, particularly the forward top 9 who didn't give the defense any support on the breakout. Inexcusable at this point of the season against a tired team.

Yes, I noticed that about the breakout too. I don't know why they decided to force their D to make impossible passes for two periods. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad