GDT: 3/04/14 - Minnesota Wild @ Chicago Blackhawks - 7:00PM CDT/3:00AM Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I'm a die hard fan but would it be better for us to nit make playoffs for a better draft pick?

I don't see the goaltending being good enough for us to make a deep run.

On a note of the game. This team just seems bad in a shootout.
oh good Lord! Why do Minnesota fans think losing is the better option all the time?

Its a he'll of a lot better fir the Since futurebthatbthe young guys onbthe roster get play off experience than it is for the franchise to get the 15th pick in the draft.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
oh good Lord! Why do Minnesota fans think losing is the better option all the time?

Its a he'll of a lot better fir the Since futurebthatbthe young guys onbthe roster get play off experience than it is for the franchise to get the 15th pick in the draft.

Say's he's a die hard but wants to miss the playoffs. He also posted he got tickets to the Pitt game to see Crosby.
Why oh why does that game have to be on a weekend?
Weekend crowd yelling shoot and Crosby puck bunnies. Shoot me.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Also... in the NHL playoffs... anything can happen! Get in, and you have a shot at the cup! Do you think LA was mad that they got in with the 8th seed a couple years ago? Not at all! They took that 8th seed and won the damn championship!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Just watched the highlights. Coyle looked great in those. How was Haula and Coyle?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
So Allan Walsh tweeted this:
Two games in a row with Minnesota Wild players targeted, possibly 3 concussions, isn't it time for Mike Rupp in the lineup? #Deterrent

I legitimately completely forgot Rupp was even on the team still.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Two games in a row with Minnesota Wild players targeted, possibly 3 concussions, isn't it time for Mike Rupp in the lineup? #Deterrent

Allan Walsh obviously doesn't realize that Rupp is only a deterrent of the Wild winning, not of Wild players being targeted.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Ahhhh yes. Walsh.....isn't he Rupp's agent? It's not a hockey season unless Walsh starts crying on twitter about his clients not getting ice time.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND

Rupp sucks

You fight fire with fire. If the NHL can't police the game and make calls correctly then it falls on the players to police it. Props to Cooke for laying a big hit on a Chicago player after the Parise hit, but there should have been an immediate response.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Russo:

The Wild feels Rupp’s skating is a big, big problem after offseason knee surgery. He says he feels better than he’s felt all year. Here's a story I wrote on him March 22. The fourth line is playing seven, eight, nine minutes anyway. Maybe it’s time to put Rupp into the lineup in a limited role, play him five or six minutes and on the times you don’t want to skate him a regular shift, you double-shift another winger.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just watched the highlights. Coyle looked great in those. How was Haula and Coyle?

Coyle is looking good, but still has room to get better. Loses control of that big body of his at times. Very positive signs in general.
Haula plays like a veteran. His speed is welcome on the team. One amusing thing during the game was when Haula came into protect Cooke after the latter delivered a crunching hit to a Hawk player. Erik took on two players in a post whistle scrum,while Cooke skated away, afraid that he was a going to get a reputation penalty. Erik the Goon?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Coyle is looking good, but still has room to get better. Loses control of that big body of his at times. Very positive signs in general.
Haula plays like a veteran. His speed is welcome on the team. One amusing thing during the game was when Haula came into protect Cooke after the latter delivered a crunching hit to a Hawk player. Erik took on two players in a post whistle scrum,while Cooke skated away, afraid that he was a going to get a reputation penalty. Erik the Goon?

Thanks for the reply.

Erik the Goon? Kari Lehtonen agrees :sarcasm:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
isn't that why we also have McCormick?

Maybe, yeah. I don't think we need Rupp in the lineup when Stoner returns.

A part of the reason I like Stoner is that he's a good bottom pairing defenseman and brings some much needed physicality.

He has been a pleasant surprise for me this season.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Don't know if this has been mentioned but is there any expectation thar Harding can come back now? Bryz has looked solid last few games. Record for the Wild is 4-0-2.

Its a great sign Harding has practiced 2 games in a row. Would love to see him maybe have a chance of coming back for the playoffs.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Allan Walsh obviously doesn't realize that Rupp is only a deterrent of the Wild winning, not of Wild players being targeted.

Amen. Playing Rupp won't scare anyone if their intention is to cheapshot someone. With that said, I'm worried about Parise. It's stupid to play with a concussion but losing him at this point would be a disaster.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but is there any expectation thar Harding can come back now? Bryz has looked solid last few games. Record for the Wild is 4-0-2.

Its a great sign Harding has practiced 2 games in a row. Would love to see him maybe have a chance of coming back for the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure nobody knows at this point. It's clear he'd need a conditioning stint in Iowa IF he was otherwise ready to come back, but there isn't a lot of time left before the playoffs in either league (and Iowa's not making it anyway).

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Walsh can drink a fat mug of shut the hell up. Rupp is garbage and is the last player worth putting into the roster. Even heater is marginally better.

Billy Mays Here*

Rupp was a solid 4th liner after we traded for him last year but that surgery really shows this year. No where near as good.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Say's he's a die hard but wants to miss the playoffs. He also posted he got tickets to the Pitt game to see Crosby.
Why oh why does that game have to be on a weekend?
Weekend crowd yelling shoot and Crosby puck bunnies. Shoot me.

Can someone please explain to me why this is a bad thing?? Yelling shoot is a good thing for this pass first team! And you guys wonder why the X is like a funeral for every game...... :shakehead

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I only caught the third period, OT and shootout.

I got really confused when I kept seeing Brodziak out there with Moulson and Pominville while Haula was centering Cooke and Fontaine. At first, I was thinking that they just got caught on the ice in the middle of a change, but then after it kept happening I read Russo's tweets confirming that they were switched because they weren't doing enough on their old lines. Sure hope that Haula scoring that goal on the grind line doesn't mean that Yeo decides that's where he belongs. Haula is by no means polished, but I like the potential that kid his showing and the fact that he's not shy about throwing it on the net and playing a little physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad