GDT: #3 – Ducks at Sabres – Mon Oct 13, 3:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I expect BUF to either lead the league or at least be in the top 3, but we could look for improvement as the season goes on. It will be an interesting metric to track. I think after 2 games they're averaging 40 shots against.

If I am not mistaken, we've blocked an awful lot of shots too... Can you imagine if those counted? Those Corsi numbers were terrible.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
@BuffaloSabres

Getting ready for Game Day vs. @AnaheimDucks. 3pm start. (@HockeyEquipMgr) #BUFvsANA

Bz1LOEaCUAA3AK8.png:large

They're back!

Why why why why. Isn't watching this team play hard enough already?

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Posted this lasted night in the OneBuffalo thread - might as well re-post it here.

@BuffaloSabres - Fans attending our game tomorrow vs Anaheim - 3:00 pm start - will receive #OneBuffalo T-Shirts.
Update - the Sabres will be giving out magnetic calender schedules too.

LaxSabre The Bills gave out OneBuffalo T-Shirts at todays game too.
They also did a card display with OneBuffalo spelled out on one side of the stands.
Wonder if the Sabres will do something similar at the game tomorrow?
"From this day forward, the main focus of these franchises will be to give you enough stuff to distract you until we can make these teams watchable."

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
If I am not mistaken, we've blocked an awful lot of shots too... Can you imagine if those counted? Those Corsi numbers were terrible.

Chicago was literally just firing from everywhere on the ice because they knew their forwards would be able to retrieve the puck. So the numbers are really worse than the reality.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Has anyone bothered to ask Nolan or Murray why the hell Z is up if he's not going to play? Is our media competent enough to do that?

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
Chicago was literally just firing from everywhere on the ice because they knew their forwards would be able to retrieve the puck. So the numbers are really worse than the reality.

Not just that they could retrieve the puck, but they were able to score from all over the zone. The goal post can only save you so many times.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
Has anyone bothered to ask Nolan or Murray why the hell Z is up if he's not going to play? Is our media competent enough to do that?

I'm guessing it's so he can get some NHL practices in, and so they can teach him what to work on after they send him back down. I'm sure he'll get a few games too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad