Speculation: 2nd Overall: A cursed pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
We got Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton. He was traded along with Peverley for Rielly Smith, Loui Eriksson and Joe Morrow. Boston were happy to get the heavy return on the paper, but it turned out to be a mistake.

They signed Iginla to a 5.5 AAV. Now they have roughly 4.5 million in cap space and still have to sign 2 wingers and also Krug. Loui Eriksson fell off the cliff and is now a good 3rd line winger if we look at his production.

Was that a mistake or was that pick cursed by the largest fan base in the hockey world?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Are you saying Seguin was a curse to the Boston organisation? You do know they won a cup with him right...

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Are you saying Seguin was a curse to the Boston organisation? You do know they won a cup with him right...

Were they cursed to trade him away, is my question. I know he was by far a better player but they traded so many good years of Seguin for Loui Eriksson.

Kyle Doobas*

I was going to make a post but then Chris Pronger stole it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This thread makes no sense. You provide one example... And Boston is far from a terrible team right now, theyre the only team that stands a chance in the East.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
If Seguin's on the Bruins he likely doesn't have the season he had this year. Besides, he was awful in the playoffs this year...again.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
We got Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton. He was traded along with Peverley for Rielly Smith, Loui Eriksson and Joe Morrow. Boston were happy to get the heavy return on the paper, but it turned out to be a mistake.

They signed Iginla to a 5.5 AAV. Now they have roughly 4.5 million in cap space and still have to sign 2 wingers and also Krug. Loui Eriksson fell off the cliff and is now a good 3rd line winger if we look at his production.

Was that a mistake or was that pick cursed by the largest fan base in the hockey world?

What mistake are you talking about? Boston knew that they traded away a star player but preferred the depth of players fitting their system. Win win if you ask me since Dallas really needed a star center, different teams and all that. And Eriksson had what, two concussions last year. Not really ideal to look at his numbers after a season like that.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
If Seguin's on the Bruins he likely doesn't have the season he had this year. Besides, he was awful in the playoffs this year...again.

Yea if he keeps this up he's going to be known as a playoff choker, he wasnt really apart of the cup winning team, was a depth guy but ever since he's been nowhere near ppg which is pretty bad considering thats what he's there for.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Yea if he keeps this up he's going to be known as a playoff choker, he wasnt really apart of the cup winning team, was a depth guy but ever since he's been nowhere near ppg which is pretty bad considering thats what he's there for.

Yeah, what was it Jim Benning said when one of the hockey guys said they were going to miss his pace on the "Behind the B" show when they discussed trading Seguin. "Yeah in the regular season we will miss it". Not saying Seguin can not become a solid playoff performer but so far he have not shown he can bring it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Do you not remember the Tampa series? Also he had 3 points in 6 games these past playoffs playing against one of the top teams in the league.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Do you not remember the Tampa series? Also he had 3 points in 6 games these past playoffs playing against one of the top teams in the league.

He was a healthy scratch all playoff long until game 2 and had 2 good games in games 2 and 3, then did nothing the rest of the way, and nothing the next 3 years. 11 players on Dallas had 3 or more points in that series vs Anaheim. I watched that series, trust me, he was bad. The guy disappears when the going gets tough.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre

Jeez, you know its summer when threads like this start popping up everyday.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
He was a healthy scratch all playoff long until game 2 and had 2 good games in games 2 and 3,then did nothing the rest of the way, and nothing the next 3 years. 11 players had 3 or more points in that series vs Anaheim. I watched that series, trust me, he was bad. The guy disappears when the going gets tough.

He played very well this year regardless of only putting up 3 pts in 6 games , sometimes the puck just doesn't want to go in . I was also very surprised he could co-lead a very mediocre team to the playoffs in the west .

Constantly crapping on the guy doesn't make the trade any better on our part and two years from now this trade will look even worse as Seg/Hamilton continue to develop .

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
He played very well this year regardless of only putting up 3 pts in 6 games , sometimes the puck just doesn't want to go in . I was also very surprised he could co-lead a very mediocre team to the playoffs in the west .

Constantly crapping on the guy doesn't make the trade any better on our part and two years from now this trade will look even worse as Seg/Hamilton continue to develop .

:shakehead He really wasn't. When you're an offense only player, your production is all that counts in the end, and in the end, he didn't produce when Dallas needed him to. You can be flashy and skate with the puck all you want. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad