Lupul - Holland - Kadri
Komarov - Santa - Clarkson
Bodie - Winnik - Frattin

or

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Holland - Winnik
Pannik - Kadri - Frattin

Play whichever lines are hot. Obviously the "4th line" of the 2nd part isn't a 4th line, but people would crucify me if I put Kadri on the 4th.

Just to mess with the 2nd line while still keeping the 1st and 3rd intact. I also don't get the Frattin hate, Carlyle says he's a liability yet he hasn't been on the ice for a goal yet. Give him a chance with skilled player and you will see him contribute.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Holland - Kadri
Bodie - Winnik - Frattin

or

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Holland - Winnik
Pannik - Kadri - Frattin

Play whichever lines are hot. Obviously the "4th line" of the 2nd part isn't a 4th line, but people would crucify me if I put Kadri on the 4th.

Just to mess with the 2nd line while still keeping the 1st and 3rd intact. I also don't get the Frattin hate, Carlyle says he's a liability yet he hasn't been on the ice for a goal yet. Give him a chance with skilled player and you will see him contribute.
Kadri seems more fit as a centre than Holland. The former being more of a creative playmaker makes more sense in the middle while the latter is a North-South shoot-first forward equally as fitting on the wing. One other benefit would be that Holland could use his 6'3" frame a lot more as a winger.

RLF

May 5, 2014
As much as I like the third line, I still think we need more balance.

I would like to see tried

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Kadri Santorelli
Winnik Komarov Clarkson
Panik Holland Frattin

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
As much as I like the third line, I still think we need more balance.

I would like to see tried

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Kadri Santorelli
Winnik Komarov Clarkson
Panik Holland Frattin

Problem is that first line would be even worse defensively

RLF

May 5, 2014
Problem is that first line would be even worse defensively

That's possible, but a more balanced attack in the top 6 should get the Kessel line better match-ups more often as the second line could be almost as deadly. 3rd line is still a good cycle line.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Kadri seems more fit as a centre than Holland. The former being more of a creative playmaker makes more sense in the middle while the latter is a North-South shoot-first forward equally as fitting on the wing. One other benefit would be that Holland could use his 6'3" frame a lot more as a winger.

Problem is Kadri is inadequate at faceoffs, defensive play and size also plays a factor. I think trying Holland at C between Lupul Kadri is worth a try

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Do people have Kadri in their pool and want to take players off of every line that is actually scoring and winning games for us, just to bolster his totals, so they can win some fantasy pool and in the process weaken the team.

If a player is not playing well, sit him and let some other player see what he can do, or move him down the line-up.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Wait for booth to return. Winnik, clarkson, frattin, doesn't matter they won't work for 2nd line wing right now. I have faith in David! Although winnik is fine for the time being IMO.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Wait for booth to return. Winnik, clarkson, frattin, doesn't matter they won't work for 2nd line wing right now. I have faith in David! Although winnik is fine for the time being IMO.

Booth won't be back for long - he seems to be injured every second season - this is the injury year.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013

Why would anyone be waiting on David Booth at this point? He looked like garbage all preseason than he was injured. Florida Booth is long gone, we will be lucky to get Vancouver Booth at this point.

Would much prefer Josh Leivo

Badger25

Jul 23, 2012
Toronto
I would try JVR with Kadri/Santorelli and Lupul with Kessel/Bozak. I'm curious to see what happens when Booth comes back, perhaps Clarkson gets bumped to the 2nd line

Lupul - Bozak - Phil
JVR - Kadri - Santorelli
Komarov - Winnik - Clarkson

kallaer

Oct 7, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
Or perhaps corsi does not tell the entire story, because they have not been the best line this year. Not even close. There is no denying this.

exactly, corsi takes into account the garbage "chances" they get

dunno about you guys but the weak kadri wrist shots off shin pads and sticks then out of play dont inspire alot of hope for me.

trade kadri and his corsi numbers for a centerman with actual strength up the middle

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I would try JVR with Kadri/Santorelli and Lupul with Kessel/Bozak. I'm curious to see what happens when Booth comes back, perhaps Clarkson gets bumped to the 2nd line

Lupul - Bozak - Phil
JVR - Kadri - Santorelli
Komarov - Winnik - Clarkson

I like this, I think Santorelli has proven himself and I like the idea of moving Lupul up

I feel like phil can work with anyone, same with JVR, so its better to split them up and help 2 lines. Phil will get Lupul going again and JVR gives that second line a net presence without having to pull up clarkie or komo

Was hoping this year Randy would make some line changes but he seems to only want to put the D pairings in a blender (which seems detrimental)

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
They Leafs need to trade Jake Gardiner for a top 6 forward, plain and simple. Package him with Reimer to a team that needs defense and a goaltender, for a top 6 scorer and a backup goalie. My guess is Edmonton for Yakubov and Fasth.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Problem is Kadri is inadequate at faceoffs, defensive play and size also plays a factor. I think trying Holland at C between Lupul Kadri is worth a try

Your right on the money with Kadri. His lack of defensive responsibility and poor faceoff skills makes me believe he would be better suited as a winger.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Holland - Kadri
Bodie - Winnik - Frattin

or

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Holland - Winnik
Pannik - Kadri - Frattin

Carlyle is hilarious calling guys who haven't been on the ice for a GA...Liability

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
They Leafs need to trade Jake Gardiner for a top 6 forward, plain and simple. Package him with Reimer to a team that needs defense and a goaltender, for a top 6 scorer and a backup goalie. My guess is Edmonton for Yakubov and Fasth.

I see Winnipeg as more of a likely destination, seeing as how they have more of a dire need for NHL calibre goaltending. I'm thinking we could pry Kane from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad