GDT: [#29] San Jose Sharks @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST [FS-SW]

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Heiskanen = Calder

It's going to be Petterson . He gets more exposure to the hockey media and he's also very good. There's a chance Miro won't even be top 3 in the voting with Dahlin and Tkachuk playing on Eastcoast teams and playing well.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also both of Polaks points came off highlight reel plays and he's in general entertaining to watch . He's been an absolute rock in the PK as well blocking a ton of shots. Just have to make sure he doesn't have to do something out of his wheelhouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: mc3488 and Kcb12345

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
I'm very mad and happy about Ritchie scoring. Mad because they'll be convinced he's a top 6 forward as they have been fooled before. Also mad because it means Gurianov won't be called up because our "depth" is "fixed"
I would hope they aren’t fooled by this again. The guy can be effective in a bottom six role if he limits the penalties.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ritchie played all of 6 minutes . I sincerely doubt anyone is fooled by Ritchie. Yes he had a goal and he was in a good position but that was basically a tip-in set up by Shore for him.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Roman's play makes trading a 2nd and Ferg for Methot look even worse in hindsight.

Ritchie played all of 6 minutes . I sincerely doubt anyone is fooled by Ritchie. Yes he had a goal and he was in a good position but that was basically a tip-in set up by Shore for him.

I'm happy Monty isn't rewarding him with 10+ min TOI for one good game. I think Monty knows who Ritchie is at this point.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Roman's play makes trading a 2nd and Ferg for Methot look even worse in hindsight.

I'm happy Monty isn't rewarding him with 10+ min TOI for one good game. I think Monty knows who Ritchie is at this point.

I agree. I think Ritchie is playing exactly how a 4th liner should right now. It appears for now that Monty has realized that and is gonna stick with him in that role

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We need some more recognition in here for how good Taylor Fedun has been. He's been amazing. Would much rather him stay up here as a 6th or 7th D if needed. Even when everyone is healthy

Not sure what's gonna happen when Carrick and Klingberg come back though. Then Methot next if he does

Maybe:

Lindell-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Fedun
Bayreuther-Polak
Carrick

Trade Honka (with what little value he has left, if any), send Hanley down/waivers or keep him up as the 8th D

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
It's going to be Petterson . He gets more exposure to the hockey media and he's also very good. There's a chance Miro won't even be top 3 in the voting with Dahlin and Tkachuk playing on Eastcoast teams and playing well.

Pettersson’s cooled off a fair bit already. Unfortunately Dahlin is getting his hype now.

I think we all remember Ekblad vs. Klingberg and how stupid of a decision that was. Seems like there’s a good chance we see a repeat of that this year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pettersson’s cooled off a fair bit already. Unfortunately Dahlin is getting his hype now.

I think we all remember Ekblad vs. Klingberg and how stupid of a decision that was. Seems like there’s a good chance we see a repeat of that this year.

Petterson had a very strong game in the win against the Preds yesterday. I think he'll get enough points and recognition to clinch the Calder even if the Defenseman have overall stronger years.

Reactions: DangeRouss

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Petterson had a very strong game in the win against the Preds yesterday. I think he'll get enough points and recognition to clinch the Calder even if the Defenseman have overall stronger years.

He’s still having a great season, but thankfully people aren’t hyping him up to be a generational talent anymore.

And I do agree he deserves it, especially if the season ends today. It’s one of the more interesting races in recent years, maybe since 2015 honestly.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Just finished watching game after getting in from work this morning. Finally we can somewhat count on 2nd hand and defensive scoring. Great goals by Matty and Miro and Devins pass as well to set up Ritchie. Glad Ritchie didn’t miss his shot on that.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Also good to see team winning close games like this rather than being on the other side and looking like Sharks did for most of the 3rd after their goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad