GDT: #29 – Flames at Sabres – Thu Dec 11, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Despite the heavy shot disparity, it didn't feel like Calgary dominated. I didn't count too many grade A scoring chances from them.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
That top line... The way they're playing now, they're not just a good line on a bad team, they're a pretty good line on any team. And while Girgensons is leading the fan voting for the All Star game, Tyler Ennis should be considered by the league.

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
Despite the heavy shot disparity, it didn't feel like Calgary dominated. I didn't count too many grade A scoring chances from them.

I've noticed that with the winning lately, yes the other teams is getting a lot of shots but they are not quality chances, its also why while Enroth has been great to me he isnt exactly standing on his head to make the saves like Miller used to

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

I agree. The stats have been telling a different story about this team for a while now. But if Nolan is trying to implement a shutdown defensive game to keep up with the rest of the league's offense, it's not only noticeable, but it also appears to be working. 40+ shots is ridiculous. But outside of a few scary moments, there was nothing special Calgary did that differentiated from what we've seen against LA, Tampa, etc. You can only attribute so much to "luck" and the opponent not taking the Sabres seriously enough.

If the tank is ending and we have to earn our wins the hard way for the rest of the season, so be it. This is a fun team to watch again. And keep in mind we are only playing with 3 of our prospects thus far. Regardless of McEichel, we still have three first round picks in a deep draft. The future looks pretty good...

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres Digital Press Box Post-Game Report: 12/11 vs. CGY

MOULSON-GIRGENSONS-ENNIS LINE CONTRIBUTES 3 GOALS IN WIN OVER FLAMES
Enroth stops 42 shots in 100th career game; Sabres 6-1-0 in past 7 at home

Chris Ryndak - Sabres.com

Sabres-Flames Recap (12/11/14) - 23:20 Mins

[NHL]697273[/NHL]

VIDEO

MORE
NHL.com Game Recap

WHAT'S NEXT

Saturday vs. FLA, 7 p.m. (MSG/Bell; WGR)

B4oDTEOCQAEoF1n.jpg:large

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
What was the answer to the in game broadcast trivia last night? It had something to do with "what other was Jhonas a 1st for in Buffalo?"

I missed it and I had a feeling it had something to do with his winless streak spanning over almost a calendar year.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
What was the answer to the in game broadcast trivia last night? It had something to do with "what other was Jhonas a 1st for in Buffalo?"

I missed it and I had a feeling it had something to do with his winless streak spanning over almost a calendar year.

His first 3 wins as an NHL goalie were in a shootout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad