GDT: #28: FLYERS at Jets, Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018, 3:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
i would keep G at C with the pigeon, couts on line with jake and simmonds, patrick with oscar and laughton on 3rd line. gives u 3 good lines, not too f***ing hard there dave

Reactions: kelmitchell

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My god Cap :laugh:

giphy-1.gif

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
JVR - Giroux - Konecny
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
Raffl - Couturier - Simmonds
Weise - Laughton - Whoever
Is it good idea to give Coots two wingers who don't create much offensively? Coots will get hardest minutes no matter who he playes with and I can't see that line scoring much against top lines.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’m in favor of Giroux starting at center, at least short term, but I can’t be the only one still perplexed that it took a December game in Buffalo to take this trip down memory lane.

This coach started the carcass of Filppula at 1C in must-win playoff games over moving Giroux back to center. The only logical conclusion was that Hextall forbid it against Hak’s better judgment. He’s a new coach. Untethered, unchained, unleashed.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m in favor of Giroux starting at center, at least short term, but I can’t be the only one still perplexed that it took a December game in Buffalo to take this trip down memory lane.

This coach started the carcass of Filppula at 1C in must-win playoff games over moving Giroux back to center. The only logical conclusion was that Hextall forbid it against Hak’s better judgment. He’s a new coach. Untethered, unchained, unleashed.
Seems more likely this was a last resort because Couts was out and he doesn’t have anyone on this roster he trusts like Filppula.

He legit thought that trash was a top 6C last year.

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
Patrick on the 3rd line would be more justified than Couturier.
That line would still get a lot of minutes because of Cout's role and I think I recall that line combination during the playoffs vs the pens to be successful.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
it's going to be tough one, jets are a big team, good goaltending, they are the opposite of buffalo. i'll be shocked if they beat them.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I don’t mind Giroux back at C. Only necessary if the coach scratches Lehtera as a result.

The Flyers don’t really have a C depth problem. Couturier-Patrick-Laughton-Weal-Vorobyev is about average. Not ideal, but the Flyers have the W depth overall to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad