GDT: #28 | Flyers at Golden Knights | December 9, 2022 | 10:00 PM | NBCSP+, ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
FLYERS: 9-13-5 (7th in Metro)
GOLDEN KNIGHTS: 19-8-1 (1st in Pacific)

1670544341902.png

1670544356903.png

1670544374280.png

1670544388675.png

FLYERS LINEUP:

Hayes-N. Cates-Konecny
Laughton-Sedlak-Farabee
JVR-Frost-Tippett
Deslauriers-Brown-MacEwen

Provorov-Ristolainen
Sanheim-Braun
Seeler-York

Hart
Sandstrom

1st PP:

TK-Hayes-N. Cates
?-Tippett

2nd PP:

MacEwen-Frost-Laughton
Provorov-Farabee

1st PK:

Laughton-N. Cates
Provorov-?

2nd PK:

Sedlak-TK
Sanheim-Braun

Injuries/Scratches:

DeAngelo(Eating in Press Box)
Zamula (Banished to Eat More)
Atkinson (Day to Year)
Laczynski (IR)
Anisimov (Lurks in AHL)
Brink (IR, Skating)
Couturier (IR)
Ellis (Nature’s first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf’s a flower; But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay.)

GOLDEN KNIGHTS LINEUP:

Stephenson-Eichel-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Cotter-Roy-Kessel
Carrier-Leschyshyn-Kolesar

McNabb-Theodore
Martinez-Whitecloud
Hague-Miromanov

Thompson
Hill

*All images stolen from NHL.com. All lineups based on whatever was last reported by media or last game, supposedly. Beef-Manufactured Lineups are prone to error, ingest with caution. Side effects may include birth and intestines becoming watching the Flyers. Information may be updated at random as it arrives*

GDT Song:

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Dailyfaceoff is down so this is all completely possibly totally wrong. I don't know. Nobody knows. I'll update, hopefully.

5v5 On-Ice
1670545236287.png

1670545259804.png

5v5 Goal/Shot Differential:
1670545296492.png

1670545321655.png

Goalies:
1670545362245.png

Well, this could be an experience that we have.

Reactions: BiggE

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
There are zero b2b games on this road trip.
Why send Zamula down and bring York up, on a road trip no less? Wouldn't a home-stand be a better time to introduce York back to the club for his first appearance since preseason?

Zamula has at least been practicing with the team and inserted (improperly) into the lineup. York is coming into the team cold for a f***ing road trip?

Can someone please make it make sense to me?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You need 7D on a road trip and York is better than Zamula. It's not complicated.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
You need 7D on a road trip and York is better than Zamula. It's not complicated.

I understand teams always take 7D on road trips, which the Flyers already had prior to swapping Zamula for York. It makes no sense to me to yo-yo in this fashion, especially on a road trip and especially for York's first appearance on the team. It's not Seeler or Braun as the #7. It's Zamula (now York).

"York is better than Zamula" didn't keep York in the lineup over Braun, Seeler, or Zamula to start the season or at any point until right now. I'm looking for a little more nuance so my feeble brain understands.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
1670595690287.gif

Flahr vs Kessel, hot dog eating contest.

Who wins? does anyone around them even survive to witness it? If nobody sees Flahr and Kessel eat 9 pigs apiece, do they shit in the woods?
Kessel is an amateur compared to Flahr the Hutt. Brent would swallow Phil whole and barely notice him going down his gullet

And, on another topic, post merging is Satan’s favorite pastime

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I understand teams always take 7D on road trips, which the Flyers already had prior to swapping Zamula for York. It makes no sense to me to yo-yo in this fashion, especially on a road trip and especially for York's first appearance on the team. It's not Seeler or Braun as the #7. It's Zamula (now York).

"York is better than Zamula" didn't keep York in the lineup over Braun, Seeler, or Zamula to start the season or at any point until right now. I'm looking for a little more nuance so my feeble brain understands.
Zamula was sitting too much, I think Torts wanted to play him more, but after watching him struggle, and the team on a long losing streak, he couldn't find the right spot - and after a couple weeks wanted him to get time on the ice - and a road trip is not conducive to practicing.

I suspect York b/c they want to look at him, I doubt anyone would lose sleep over losing Belpido on waivers.
They have scouting reports on York in LHV, but until he plays in a couple NHL games it's hard to gauge his improvement.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Zamula was sitting too much, I think Torts wanted to play him more, but after watching him struggle, and the team on a long losing streak, he couldn't find the right spot - and after a couple weeks wanted him to get time on the ice - and a road trip is not conducive to practicing.

I suspect York b/c they want to look at him, I doubt anyone would lose sleep over losing Belpido on waivers.
They have scouting reports on York in LHV, but until he plays in a couple NHL games it's hard to gauge his improvement.

If he wanted him to play he could have played him. He could play both at the same time, even.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

You're telling me he couldn't find out how to play him after a long losing streak? How hard can that be? The guys he was playing during the long losing streak obviously weren't working, so why not insert someone new? Really hard concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad