Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I forgot this was a thing

*checks phone*

Well, I'm not doing anything :dunno:

I would've thought for sure, you were watching Discovered ID and planning that perfect murder by now lol

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I call bullshit on Hank feeling under the weather. Looked okay on the bench. Anyway......
Incoming Georgie Boy's 2nd shutout.

No one dares questioning who is the #1, but damn if there isnt ever a 1A, then there will never be.

Shesty who? Won't believe THAT until I see it, until then Georgie is the man......in front of.....I mean, behind Hank.

Reactions: NYR

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Here’s Quinn in the pregame talking about Staal getting back in the lineup “he’s a very good defenseman” “he adds a physical element to our game” “he can move the puck out of the zone”.

This guy is an NHL coach. He doesn’t honestly believe any of that, does he? Especially that Staal HELPS move the puck out of the zone? It’s not possible.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Line rushes..

Panarin - Strome - Fast
Lemieux - Zibanejad - Kakko
Kreider - Chytil - Buchnevich

Doesn’t make sense, saw this also...

51210DE7-87DD-4D17-95A1-F4F195514F97.jpeg

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This guy is an NHL coach. He doesn’t honestly believe any of that, does he? Especially that Staal HELPS move the puck out of the zone? It’s not possible.
Are you expecting him to come out and say he’s washed up garbage? A coach would never do that

Everyone knows what’s up with Staal, it doesn’t need to be said out loud to embarrass him

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Are you expecting him to come out and say he’s washed up garbage? A coach would never do that

Everyone knows what’s up with Staal, it doesn’t need to be said out loud to embarrass him

He could simply say he’s a great veteran, he’s a calming presence for our young group, great leader, etc. Why say something like “he helps move the puck out of the zone” which is just patently false? I get what you’re saying, I still love Staalsie and it will be bittersweet when he hangs them up. I wouldn’t want anyone to drag him through the gutters or embarrass him but we can at least not say things that are just absolutely untrue. Our puck movement and zone exits instantly improved when Staal stopped playing.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Quinn also doesn't have to come out and say that Staal "moves the puck out of the zone" either. The other garbage is coach speak but that is just a lie or he is delusional.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Quinn also doesn't have to come out and say that Staal "moves the puck out of the zone" either. The other garbage is coach speak but that is just a lie or he is delusional.

Exactly what I was getting at. It’s one thing to pump his tires a bit, say the right, standard stuff but when he says Staal is a good puck mover it makes me wonder how he actually assesses the rest of the roster.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Breadman just grows and grows on me.

and honestly I’ve been happy with Trouba. He’s basically been leading a rookie D corps by himself as Skjei has been hot and cold. Add another top 3 caliber D to take some of the burden and Trouba would be an absolute stud. I’m a big fan.

Reactions: LeetchisGod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad