Post-Game Talk: #27| Vegas Golden Knights @ New York Islanders | December 5th | 7:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Thought it best i look at the game sheets and get the game facts....tho i don't believe Marts is 100 percent after taking the knee injury right now....Lets look at the facts...7 games played since coming back... 39 hits(leads the team)....has not been on the ice for a goal against......has not taken a penalty.

So...with 39 hits in 7 games(leading the team) he is definitely getting where wants to go.....and not being on the ice for a goal against he is definitely getting where he needs to go defensively..and lastly has not taken a penalty due to not being able to stay in the play or getting caught.

Stats suggest more guys playing like this may produce more winning efforts. 100% or not.
Interesting stuff. The eye test would suggest that he has not been productive at either end of the ice but your numbers are hard to ignore. Good post.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Didn't I just say I don't think MDC is a NHL player? Soon as I say it, he gets promoted? For verification...

I really hope this is the last game we see MDC. It's not his fault, he just brings absolute zero to the table.

I mean you have to be good at 1 area to be a NHLer. I really don't see 1 area where MDC brings something to the table. Maybe I'm missing something. I would like to see a Brassard Koivula Wahlstrom 3rd line at this point in time.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I knew Trotz was going to put MDC with Barzal, if MDC can't get going now... I think it is safe to say he should be in the Center Moriches Beer League by February

Reactions: bigtim1988

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Trotz must really see something in MDC. I don't know, all I see is a guy chasing the puck

MDC is known as healthy scratch to me, it takes me about 1 1/2 periods to realize that he is on the ice.... so for the most part to me I always think he is scratched

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I think this could be the final hurrah for MDC. Give him a shot with Barzal and if he still can't find the back of the net you move on, probably wishful thinking more then genuine belief.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dal Colle plays Trotz system perfectly. That’s why Trotz likes him. The problem is he doesn’t get points. He doesn’t make mistakes and he does his job defensively. He needs to start scoring like his talent in the past suggests he could. I don’t mind giving him a look with Barzal in the top6. Thisjis make or break time for him.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
This is alarming

2014 NHL Entry Draft | Hockey-Reference.com

Healthy Scratch at #6
Ehlers at #9
Larkin at #15
Pasta at #25

At least MDC is only 3 points behind hayden Fleury

This was a bad draft year for us with JHS in first round, but we did recover and get Toews later on

I remember us thinking we had two winning lottery tickets. Time has a way of delivering truth...

Aside from the stars you mentioned, some guys like Fiala, Tuch turned out quite well.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
How many years did we want Strait to go away..MDC is Trot'z Brian Strait! He'll be here for a LONG TIME!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I kinda love the fact that when we shuffle lines, we only shuffle 9 players because one line is just not changing. Across 3 coaches. Not disagreeing with it at all, just pointing out that it's kind of crazy. There's no other line in the NHL even close to this, especially in the bottom 6.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
10 seconds in a Martin is finished. Can we just start over and play Ross? Lol

That’s a dirty hit too. No call.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
I'm sorry. Fifth game in a row of being assaulted with official endorsement. I call bullshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad