GDT: 27|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Boston Bruins|Fun with Pictures!|Tuesday March 12th|7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

7_6_crosby.jpg

vs
2e3wtbb.jpg

@
console+crop.jpg

img-thing
tumblr_mab70dWCt11rp7m7bo1_400.jpg

chris_kunitz.jpg
+
Crosby-GQ-sidney-crosby-130906_222_250.jpg

=

Three_Wolf_Moon.jpg

images
+
lucic_milan_bruins_looks_on_325x183.jpg

=

images

b-bennett.jpg

=

beautiful-girl-por-do-sol-sunshine-Favim.com-223346.jpg

pen99tow.jpg

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Huge, huge test for us, especially with Geno out. I wanted to have him especially against the Bruins. Their defense is capable of shutting down Sid´s line and what then??

Many people are saying the Bruins are better than the Pens and maybe they´re right. They are playing like an unstoppable machine. I want to know where we are and this will give us an answer. Bruins are playing at Ottawa the night before this one, so it could give us some small favor.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
Huge, huge test for us, especially with Geno out. I wanted to have him especially against the Bruins. Their defense is capable of shutting down Sid´s line and what then??

Many people are saying the Bruins are better than the Pens and maybe they´re right. They are playing like an unstoppable machine. I want to know where we are and this will give us an answer. Bruins are playing at Ottawa the night before this one, so it could give us some small favor.

Not really scared of the Bruins for whatever reason, we play them well usually. I don't think ANY defense can shut that line down, and our second line can still be dangerous without Geno though that is a huge loss. They've also had a fairly easier schedule than other teams and their games are compact towards the end of the season so they're going to be a bit fresher I think. 4th line is still our biggest concern, along with the PK.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
We need to bring our Beau-ners if we're going to stick it to Boston.

LGP

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
What's the Eastern Conference Champions bit with the Stanley Cup in the background about? :laugh: Crop that out, bro! Sends the wrong message. Besides we haven't won the Eastern Conference since we won the Cup, in which case... no need to point out the conference bit.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Great GDT Cole!
Thing I like about Boston: Cheers! the bar
Thing I dislike about Boston: Brad Marchand's nose
LGP!

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
This will be a tough one without Geno, were gonna need some secondary scoring here. Would be a good time for Sutter to pot a goal or two, or Glass to do...something, anything.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Had a weird thought. Bennett takes a puck to the face and it goes in the net.

Beau nose goals.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Rask playing tonight against the Senators. So there's a chance we see Khudobin tomorrow instead.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Not really scared of the Bruins for whatever reason, we play them well usually. I don't think ANY defense can shut that line down, and our second line can still be dangerous without Geno though that is a huge loss. They've also had a fairly easier schedule than other teams and their games are compact towards the end of the season so they're going to be a bit fresher I think. 4th line is still our biggest concern, along with the PK.

This sentence is the problem IMO. We have this notion that because Sid and Kunitz are dominating, that they cannot be shut down. As we have seen in the playoffs multiple times, teams can limit Sid and Geno and then teams force Kunitz to beat them 1 on 1. That isn't going to work. Tonight will be an interesting test. I hope Shero doesn't fall into the same trap that many fans are falling into.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
This sentence is the problem IMO. We have this notion that because Sid and Kunitz are dominating, that they cannot be shut down. As we have seen in the playoffs multiple times, teams can limit Sid and Geno and then teams force Kunitz to beat them 1 on 1. That isn't going to work. Tonight will be an interesting test. I hope Shero doesn't fall into the same trap that many fans are falling into.

You're oversimplifying what I said. We did not lose in the playoffs because Sid and Geno were limited, we lost because our defense was atrocious. Our top line has combined for 86 points, while the Bruins have 60. Our second line has combined for 90 points, while the Bruins have 57. Goal scoring is not why we will lose against the Bruins, as I said in my original post.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The more I look at this match up, the more I hate it. Boston plays the game we don't match up with well. They are good in the defensive zone and won't let us do our typical stretch pass. They also crash the net hard in the offensive zone for crap goals. They are great at cutting through lanes.

If our defensive zone consists of standing around tonight, it's over.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
You're oversimplifying what I said. We did not lose in the playoffs because Sid and Geno were limited, we lost because our defense was atrocious. Our top line has combined for 86 points, while the Bruins have 60. Our second line has combined for 90 points, while the Bruins have 57. Goal scoring is not why we will lose against the Bruins, as I said in my original post.

I'm not trying to call you out specifically, I'm just really tired of people saying our forwards are fine and we should trade for Dmen. Many fans have an overly simplistic view of how the game is played. The offense score goals and the defensemen play defense. That's not how the game is played. All 5 players contribute on both sides of the ice. Our offense is heavily concentrated to goals off the rush from stretch passes. We don't play enough, consistently, in the offensive zone (last game was an exception). I am all for fixing the PK and the defensive zone, but acquiring better defensemen is not the answer. It will take team discipline and actually picking up open guys instead of puck watching. The forwards need to stop leaving the zone early and start picking up guys on the back check.

Also, where did you get the Pens 2nd line combining for 90 points? That's definitely a made up number. The Bruins have far better offensive depth than the Pens. They have 3 lines (hell even the 4th line chips in) that can score, defend, and agitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad