Post-Game Talk: #27 | Flyers at Predators | December 12, 2023 | 8:00 PM EST | OT Loss, 3-2

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Tuned in for OT. Appreciate the laugh.

If that was Frost or Farabee in OT they would be be benched for a week.

Let’s see if accountability is for all.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I logged in, saw that OT was about to start, watched 18 seconds of hockey, and switched the TV off. :laugh:

Knowing nothing about what happened besides the general stats line, did the Flyers get Saros'd?
Absolutely. It took an uncalled Konecny hold/interference for the tying goal. Then again, the Predators scored a controversial one, too. Very good back-and-forth action and an entertaining game.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I logged in, saw that OT was about to start, watched 18 seconds of hockey, and switched the TV off. :laugh:

Knowing nothing about what happened besides the general stats line, did the Flyers get Saros'd?
Yes and no. With respect to what Bern wrote, I was pretty bored through most of the game. Flyers had very few quality shots. They had the puck in danger areas a lot, but just weren’t able to pull the trigger in those spots.

According to NST, Flyers were significantly out chanced by Nashville at 5v5, 32-18. That feels a touch much, as I thought it was more even than that. Perhaps it might be because the Flyers blocked A LOT of shots last night.

PP actually looked decent. Puck movement was good, generated lots of shots, and a few decent scoring chances, but nothing like Grade A-type chances.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Yes and no. With respect to what Bern wrote, I was pretty bored through most of the game. Flyers had very few quality shots. They had the puck in danger areas a lot, but just weren’t able to pull the trigger in those spots.

According to NST, Flyers were significantly out chanced by Nashville at 5v5, 32-18. That feels a touch much, as I thought it was more even than that. Perhaps it might be because the Flyers blocked A LOT of shots last night.

PP actually looked decent. Puck movement was good, generated lots of shots, and a few decent scoring chances, but nothing like Grade A-type chances.
They blocked over 20 shots alone in the 3rd period. Flyers "outshot" Nashville but I don't think they outplayed them as much as the broadcast team conveyed. Flyers offense is generate off the rush and then retreat. No sustained pressure

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
1rst star, Mr. Hathaway Sr

Hathaway Dad.jpg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Just here to say Couts rules.
I was amazed he was able to elevate the puck to get it over Saros, and then even more amazed to see that he actually shot it so hard it seemed to go under the ice. :laugh:

According to Boucher, ND's fight, I mean dance, turned the game around. Jackson-Boucher is harder to listen to than Jackson-Jones, if you can believe that. Boucher was very good on the national broadcasts but has turned into a first class butt muncher.
Yeah, he's been an even more disappointing addition than Hathaway. It's like he gets talking points direct from Jonesy before each game and repeats them endlessly no matter what's happening.

Nic D got absolutely blown off the ice last night, and the fight was some weak ass shit. He's not an NHL player anymore - he's a mascot, and the Flyers already have one of those.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

It's obvious that I see the game at a different level than you do, Vlad. And by that I mean several levels lower. ;) There were a number of wild sequences and up-and-down-the-ice action. The pile-up in the Flyers crease where there were 4 sticks on the ice (including Ersson's) when it cleared without a whistle. Saros made some fantastic saves and I do like seeing Flyers trying high-skill moves, like Farabee on multiple occasions, Frost, and Konecny.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Since they can't seem to lose, might as well win. idk. Insane how this entire board wanted Sanheim in this role, 3+ years ago, yet he's only getting it now. Was really fun watching Provy leach his PP time and time with the top players for years.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Since they can't seem to lose, might as well win. idk. Insane how this entire board wanted Sanheim in this role, 3+ years ago, yet he's only getting it now. Was really fun watching Provy leach his PP time and time with the top players for years.

0 chance this was Sanheim 3 years ago. He has himself admitted that almost getting traded has had an effect on his mentality and preparation.

The board may hate to believe it, but for whatever reason players want to stay here. As much as they want to treat them like morning more than assets.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
0 chance this was Sanheim 3 years ago. He has himself admitted that almost getting traded has had an effect on his mentality and preparation.

The board may hate to believe it, but for whatever reason players want to stay here. As much as they want to treat them like morning more than assets.
I think he’s always that player. It’s just that the pro organization that drafted him immediately set to work stifling him. This isn’t to say there’s been zero growth.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

Ain't no way you watched the Flyers, saw Provorov on the PP and thought he was a better option than even Rookie Sanheim. ahhahah XD. Sanheim, directly out of juniors was a better PP QB than Provorov at any point.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sanheim won the Ashbee trophy 2 years ago, and had 30 ESP + 5 PPP 2 years before that. So it's not like he's never had really good seasons before. This is just the first time he's had a good partner, who is also offensively skilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad