Nyquist-Jenner-Bjorkstrang
Robinson-Wennberg-Anderson

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Savard
Gavrikov-Kukan

Korpisalo

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I'm looking forward to Torts losing his **** when the Pens light them up, its one of the greatest things in hockey. Fortunately for Torts his favorite player to hate (Crosby) is out, but I think Geno can probably work him into an aneurysm.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I like the thought of playing Jarry in this game. Sure the Blues are the more difficult opponent in theory, however it is more important to get points against divisional teams. Plus if Jarry has a great game and CBJ are held to only about 20 shots, I would consider throwing Jarry in tomorrow as well. Ride him for a bit while he is getting the wins. Murray will eventually get back in form, but only if the pressure is there. Right now Jarry can provide that pressure by getting starts and keeping his ga/g at 2 or below.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm looking forward to Torts losing his **** when the Pens light them up, its one of the greatest things in hockey. Fortunately for Torts his favorite player to hate (Crosby) is out, but I think Geno can probably work him into an aneurysm.

Haha

"Pittsburgh whines enough for the whole league"

Still makes me laugh. It was the complete opposite. Pens were constantly winning and it was other players/coaches "whining" about them being favored, getting all the calls...etc...etc..

You never heard Sid or Geno or any player say anything to the media about being screwed over. And there were plenty of games where that happened.
The mind of a hater should be donated to science...they need to do a study

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Canucks fan coming in peace and alliance. You guys have been very welcoming in the Off Day Thread, so I wanted to share my lucky GIF. with you that not only applies to your game today, but would also make Torts lose his mind:

View attachment 284285

Best of luck today and Happy U.S. Thanksgiving

Van is gonna be a threat soon. Good to see they were finally patient and rebuilt the right way(tho we are seeing alot of teams catching on now) instead of forcing it by adding top FAs and paying too much. Who end up not panning out and setting the team back. Loui's contract is finally up next year? That will also help.

Credit to their scouting too. They've done better than teams who got 1st and 2nd pick in some of those drafts. Landing Pettersson 5th overall. Hes way better than Patrick and Hischier. Thats basically like Canucks getting 1st overall. Getting Hughes 8th overall? Wings really messed up there, but a tough situaton with Zadina falling to them. Wings desperately needed a dman like him too. Anyway another steal for Vancouver. Boeser 23rd overall in 2015 who has 140 pts in 166 games is gonna end up being one of the best in that stacked draft. And so on. The one mistake was not taking Tkachuk. How is Juolevi doing anyway? Still projected to be a top dman?

In past years with them being this close we'd usually see them(and alot of teams) go for it all. Like what the Oilers did by making a bunch of trades and handing out big contracts after making the playoffs once. Yet Canucks are remaining patient and their time will come where they are back on top. Was looking forward to a Pens / Canucks cup back then but we got embarrassed by the Bruins.

Build thru the draft. Dont force a rebuild.

Pens started it with their drafting(well getting lucky that Sid/Geno were the two available at the time) and GMs finally came around , realizing thats the way to go(after years of whining about the Pens "tanking") , now every team is doing it. But purposely tanking now instead of just being a bad team for a handful of years. And fans rooting for it. Back then it was ....frowned upon

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So it looks like Rust is out tonight...what I guess they’re going to do with the lines...

Jake-G-Kahun
Gally-McCann-Horny
Simon-Blandisi-Lafferty
Regular “4th” line

maybe swap Simon and Gally

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ha.....these injuries....

And the team is still near the top in goals scored. #2 in the NHL with their 21 goal differential.

When you look at our top 10 scorers....you see 14gp...15gp...12gp...

And they have the same amount of pts as players who havent missed a game.

Just about every top player has missed a chunk of games. Other than Jake of course. Even mentioning it cant jinx him so no worries.

Starting to think Pens are doing this on purpose. Rope-a-dope. That top line was looking too good. Time to get someone off of it and give them rest, all apart of the plan to stay under the radar until March .

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ha.....these injuries....

And the team is still near the top in goals scored. #2 in the NHL with their 21 goal differential.

When you look at our top 10 scorers....you see 14gp...15gp...12gp...

And they have the same amount of pts as players who havent missed a game.

Just about every top player has missed a chunk of games. Other than Jake of course. Even mentioning it cant jinx him so no worries.

Starting to think Pens are doing this on purpose. Rope-a-dope. That top line was looking too good. Time to get someone off of it and give them rest, all apart of the plan to stay under the radar until March .

except Rust was just out for nearly the entire first month of the season...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He was peaking too early. Better to rest him now and let him peak come May/June.

So just let him sit until Feb and then he can gradually regain his form until he peaks in May-June, when he and the team are on the golf course?....sounds like a good plan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad