Post-Game Talk: #26: Flyers at Devils, Friday, December 4, 2015

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think he's played noticibly well

So do I. He actually had a pretty good game defensively tonight. He had a handful of good back checks tonight in some of those cases he picked the oppositions pocket & gained back puck possession.

Obviously no goals but I still think he's doing some nice stuff in the offensive zone & in transition.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think Luke deserves some credit, as well. He plays really well when he's logging lots of minutes.
He might be the better option on the top pairing.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It sure doesn't seem like Voracek has 10 points in his last 10 games.

He's passing the puck well, but it looked like he had half the net to shoot at in OT and clanged it off the post.

Worked out well for Read, though.

SickScottMondo

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Blue Bell, PA
Gotta say, the PK has been looking great recently. It's become a huge reason we've been able to stay in and win games recently. Here's hoping for a 5th straight win tomorrow!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Gotta say, the PK has been looking great recently. It's become a huge reason we've been able to stay in and win games recently. Here's hoping for a 5th straight win tomorrow!

PP has too after a bad start. I don't know where theyre both ranked right now but not long ago they were both in the bottom 5 league wide.

SickScottMondo

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Blue Bell, PA
PP has too after a bad start. I don't know where theyre both ranked right now but not long ago they were both in the bottom 5 league wide.

I think I remember seeing the PK at 13th or 14th in the league during the game when the stat popped up.

Also, I remember reading, when we first hired Hakstol, that his teams almost always started off slow every season but eventually really ramped it up. Could we be seeing that with this team? It's still early, but it's a nice feeling seeing a glimmer of hope with this team and actually believing they could make it into a Wildcart spot this season. Maybe it's the beer, but it's nice to be optimistic about this team for once this season!

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I think Luke deserves some credit, as well. He plays really well when he's logging lots of minutes.
He might be the better option on the top pairing.

If our cap wasn't a nightmare and if we didn't have Streit, Schultz and A Mac all signed next year, I wouldn't be against him getting the deal Schultz got.

meph

Jan 17, 2012
Quite a few Devils fans complaining about the refs in their thread :lol:

Ain't that something?
well, most of the GDTs are like that

i mean, have you ever tried watching a game as a neutral observer and monitoring GDTs of the playing teams? :) it feels like being in an asylum

anyway, good game from the flyers, aside from the two penalties i think refs were pretty good (and i think they missed Vs crosscheck)
i wish ghost played more, but i understand why they are sheltering him

also ... i friggin love 3v3, i couldnt handle 60 minutes of it, but those 5 minutes at the end of the game are so much fun

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
If our cap wasn't a nightmare and if we didn't have Streit, Schultz and A Mac all signed next year, I wouldn't be against him getting the deal Schultz got.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't be mad if he's re-signed. But he seems to be the odd man out. Either him or Streit.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Thought he had more than 12, but that's still very good. He's back to his normal self.

I personally think Giroux has been playing great all year... but only recently have those around him picked it up.

I mean... I reckon his worst game overall was vs Boston... and he more than made up for his awful play in the first half of the game with the OT winner another goal earlier!

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Really happy with our d. Crazy how ghost and meds add so much. I'm quite happy. Replacing manning and Shultz with gudas and streit and I think have PLAYOFF contend-ible team

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Medvedev is so ****ing good.

totally agree. talented player... as hes getting his confidence hes becoming more consistent and playing really well. i like medvedev.

thought voracek had really good game too...he was all over pebs goal too. that shift was awesome by that entire line. think hes making everybody on that line better.

but holy **** is v still choking when he gets good chances. hitting the post is one thing but on his next chance to throw a ****ty pass into skates while feet away from the net...god damn...but overall still think hes a great player. hard to hate player whos trying too hard and wants so badly to regain his form.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad