1702009050862.png

OFFICIAL THREE STARS:
  1. Konecny
  2. York
  3. Hart

Last edited:

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I keep waiting for them to plummet to the bottom of the league but it just doesn’t seem to be happening. At the halfway point of the season, if we’re still in the position we’re in, I guess I’ll have to start rooting for wins. I’d rather see the playoffs than the 12-15 pick

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
they are totally going to be pre-process sixers, aren't they...well kind of post-process sixers also lol

tinycars

Nov 23, 2023
Projecting this to be the most Philadelphia team season ever where we will make it to the cup finals and then lose in the first 4 games.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Projecting this to be the most Philadelphia team season ever where we will make it to the cup finals and then lose in the first 4 games.
I’ve always had the feeling when/if the Flyers win the cup again, it will be a surprise and come out of nowhere.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Last time they made the Finals they were the 18th= best team in a 30 team league.

Reactions: macleish1974

bakedflyersfan

Oct 27, 2023
Tonight I learned if you toe drag, score a goal on a bad angle against a bad goalie you are amazing and the credit all goes to Torts.

I also learned if you toe drag and your name is Morgan you are evil and need to be banned for life.

At least according to Booch.
The More You Know Kitty GIF
Ingram might be a bad goalie but he had like a .930 going into the game and it was his 6th start in a row. He's at least decent this year. Also, Frost was a ghost last night.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Last time they made the Finals they were the 18th= best team in a 30 team league.

While that season's team will be remembered for sneaking in on the shootout win, that was a team that underachieved during the regular season . Preseason expectations were high for the Flyers around the league, with them being a popular pick to make the Finals and/or win the Cup. They had excellent forward depth, three good centers, and a strong top four. They were really the opposite of the Flyers this year - they became a bubble team because they didn't win when they were expected to.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
While that season's team will be remembered for sneaking in on the shootout win, that was a team that underachieved during the regular season . Preseason expectations were high for the Flyers around the league, with them being a popular pick to make the Finals and/or win the Cup. They had excellent forward depth, three good centers, and a strong top four. They were really the opposite of the Flyers this year - they became a bubble team because they didn't win when they were expected to.

Yeah they were considered contenders the second the Pronger deal went through.

Hockey News picked them to finish 4th in the Conference.

Bleacher Report picked them to finish 3rd

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Yeah they were considered contenders the second the Pronger deal went through.

Hockey News picked them to finish 4th in the Conference.

Bleacher Report picked them to finish 3rd

Yup. I can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure several of the ESPN panel had them finishing high as well. They did get hot at the right time, but it wasn't a group of middling players doing it. Montreal that season is the team that you would really look at as playoff overachievers and the comparison to what the Flyers would be hoping to be if they snuck in.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yup. I can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure several of the ESPN panel had them finishing high as well. They did get hot at the right time, but it wasn't a group of middling players doing it. Montreal that season is the team that you would really look at as playoff overachievers and the comparison to what the Flyers would be hoping to be if they snuck in.

Firing Stevens and having to adapt to Lavy and Emery going down for the season are the main reason they were middling 3/4 of the season.

If everything stayed the same and Emery was able to make it back for the Finals, they probably win the Cup.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ingram might be a bad goalie but he had like a .930 going into the game and it was his 6th start in a row. He's at least decent this year. Also, Frost was a ghost last night.
1)Ingrim was bad last night.
2) I turn on the arizona commentary in the second period. ( In all likelihood I am not going to be watching a ton of Arizona games and just wanted to get their feel) And when Frost made the toe drag and missed the backhander, the color commentator was gushing. And it was hilarious to me that Booch was criticizing Frost on the exact same play according to the fans on here(correct me if I am wrong). Meanwhile when York makes a toe drag on a bad angle and gets a goal Booch is creaming and crediting Torts for the development. The hypocrisy was just genuinely funny to me.

Frost need a change of scenery bad for his sake. Maybe stevie y will take another ex flyer skill player and repair.

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
I live 50 km North of Imperial.
home of current NHLers Chris Knoblach and Connor Ingram.
‘I bump into Imperial folk several times a day.
‘I have a Recent, Braden McNabb of Davidson and my Imperial buddy Verne, taken in lovely Imperial.
‘good Chinese restaurant if you ever get lost and end up their.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Yes, they and Chicago were the most picked Finalists. There's a reason Stevens was fired so fast considering it's not like the team had bad prior results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad