GDT: [#26] ★ The Dallas Stars visit The Weird Sedins ★ FS-SW ★ 9 CST ★ ‎

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
Nuke easily the 1st star

didnt Watch the game...but good to read this! give the conficence back, upgrade his game level and maybe Lindy Ruff will give top 6 minutes...he got so much skill...cant wait te see him on the top line scoring 70-80 pts / year

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Dallas looked good for large portions of the game but made some bad mistakes. Miller kept Vancouver in it and prevented the game from getting out of hand. I'm happy with the W after the previous game against Cgy.

Foltronic

Jan 21, 2015
Hey guys! I want to pick your brains about Nichuskin...looked awesome tonight, do you think he'll stay on the top line? Yes, it's a fantasy hockey question but I'm torn because I'd have to drop Hossa who although historically is great is off to a slow start. Thanks in advance!

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hey guys! I want to pick your brains about Nichuskin...looked awesome tonight, do you think he'll stay on the top line? Yes, it's a fantasy hockey question but I'm torn because I'd have to drop Hossa who although historically is great is off to a slow start. Thanks in advance!

Makes U think

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I saw the first period. It frustrated me but that's OK. Sounds like Nicha had a good game, idk who Nuke is though

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Why again is Nuke not on Spezza line instead of Eaves or Janmark?

If Nichushkin is going to be a boss he's earned some top line time and it worked out great. Janmark looks like he needs a refocus and Eaves turned back into a pumpkin, but that isn't really a problem until they stop winning.

As soon as the top line needs a shakeup he'll be gone. Nichushkin can play great anywhere but not always put up fantasy points. I gamble on him every year with zero to show for it.

If I'm Ruff, I leave him on that top line for the Edmonton game. Only person I'd consider switching him with is Sharp.

It looks like Ruff wants a good offensive guy on the 3rd line no matter what. I don't think Sharp deserves that fate, but if he can produce there that would be fine with me. We're going to have problems when they realize Eaves can't do this anymore and they have only Moen to replace him.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It looks like Ruff wants a good offensive guy on the 3rd line no matter what. I don't think Sharp deserves that fate, but if he can produce there that would be fine with me. We're going to have problems when they realize Eaves can't do this anymore and they have only Moen to replace him.

No, we got Mckenzie, Shore, Faksa, Dickinson, and Ritchie should be back soon.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
No, we got Mckenzie, Shore, Faksa, Dickinson, and Ritchie should be back soon.

One thing they all have in common is that they are AHL guys. If we don't make a move that opens a spot, they don't help us. When we got healthy, Nill didn't waive Moen, he sent Faksa back to the AHL. The Stars are pretty consistent about handling this situation this way so the options are Moen or nothing

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
One thing they all have in common is that they are AHL guys. If we don't make a move that opens a spot, they don't help us. When we got healthy, Nill didn't waive Moen, he sent Faksa back to the AHL. The Stars are pretty consistent about handling this situation this way so the options are Moen or nothing

He sent Faksa to the AHL to play hockey instead of eat hotdogs in the press box.

I can't remember the last game Moen dressed for.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
He sent Faksa to the AHL to play hockey instead of eat hotdogs in the press box.

I can't remember the last game Moen dressed for.

I can think of one or two guys who would be sitting in the press box ahead of Faksa, and the threat of having a good player ready to come in might motivate some of our guys.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I can think of one or two guys who would be sitting in the press box ahead of Faksa, and the threat of having a good player ready to come in might motivate some of our guys.

Why mess with a recipe that seemingly works? Now isn't the time to threaten the jobs of players. If we didn't have 6 losses this year I'd maybe agree with you.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Why mess with a recipe that seemingly works? Now isn't the time to threaten the jobs of players. If we didn't have 6 losses this year I'd maybe agree with you.

Faksa was a part of that recipe for 12 games or so. I'm talking specifically about when Eaves was put back into the lineup and Nill chose to send down Faksa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad