GDT: #25| Pens vs. Lightning| Wed, 12-6-23 7:00 PM | Pens in the Pit of despair, don't even think about trying to escape!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
unwatchable dogshit.
giphy.gif

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
If they fire Sullivan, they have to bring in an outsider. They cannot promote Vellucci. Keep him on as an assistant or whatever, but they absolutely need to have a new voice in the locker room if they can Sullivan.
Won't happen if Sully is fired in season.....

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
3-0 now? Lol. Pens should just purposely lose every game from now on. Just lose 10-0 until management decides after years and years to finally do something.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
You know, we always hear about defense impacting offense - every coach hammers it home all the time - but right now the offense is hurting the defense. So many of the turnovers happen because they aren't passing to guys going with any speed, or they are trying stretch tip/touch plays that aren't connecting.

I think the way this team plays works when it's all going well, but you can't design a system around it working only when everything is clicking, because everything will not click all the time. All the nice touch passing breakouts are great when they work but when they don't it just creates a disjointed mess.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Some of you f***ers have me daydreaming about Sullivan being fired and we all know this team's just gonna plod along until the spring when they're golfing after round 1 or they miss entirely. Even then...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You know, we always hear about defense impacting offense - every coach hammers it home all the time - but right now the offense is hurting the defense. So many of the turnovers happen because they aren't passing to guys going with any speed, or they are trying stretch tip/touch plays that aren't connecting.

I think the way this team plays works when it's all going well, but you can't design a system around it working only when everything is clicking, because everything will not click all the time. All the nice touch passing breakouts are great when they work but when they don't it just creates a disjointed mess.
They play for the rush opportunities…other than L1, no one else can play a cycle game…

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Just get BBQ Bruce at this point. I don't really care. Need new blood behind the bench desperately.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I shut it off after 2nd. Not even mad about it, just completely apathetic. Not even sure a coaching change would do anything. Want to sell off everyone for picks.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I bet all the goals were scored on the power play from dumb penalties or at even strength from terrible defence.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Also, if you have Jeff Carter and Alex Nylander in the same bottom 6, you have some really bad issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad