GDT: 25 - November. Bertuzzi @ Wild (EMERGENCY GDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Parise and Fontaine need to come back. This team can't play with a bottom 6 consisting of grinders and AHLers.

Dumba also really needs to figure out that defense is the key point of being a defenseman. I don't know if he needs to switch back to 55 or what, but he has not looked good at all.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Sleepy, lazy game from the wild, I will never understand how a team can perform like that. In any game I played I hated the idea of losing from not working hard enough. If the other team is better and it happens fine but to play like you don't care is just complete BS.

the wild are kings of that

playing a game you should win? NOPE

playing with a depleted lineup when you're out of the playoff picture and only hurting your draft position? WIN WIN WIN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just watched the first and third periods. Thought the Wild were the better team, but couldn't put the puck in the net.

Our forwards have to practice shooting from all sorts of angles, and when they are in less than optimum conditions , I.e. From one leg, when a pass is in skates, when it's knee high, backhands, etc..

Vanek continues to play well.

Pominville.... Just a non factor. Not deserving of top 6 time, let alone #1PP time.

Dumba... Been a fan of his potential, but now he's at the point where he makes a lot of mistakes AND he doesn't have any positive offensive plays.

Prosser... really, he's just bad, bad, bad. Worst player on the team. Stoner light.

Two callups showed nothing.

I thought Haula had a really non descript game. Couldn't catch a pass to save his life. Absolutely no threat to score.

We really have no depth to speak of on this team. The AHL guys stink, with the possible exception of Olofsson, but frankly, our problem right now is getting our forwards to score. Poms is killing us in that regard, and not having Parise, and to a far lesser extent, Fontaine. Scandella, too... He always chips in with something positive.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
the wild are kings of that

playing a game you should win? NOPE

playing with a depleted lineup when you're out of the playoff picture and only hurting your draft position? WIN WIN WIN

Athletes don't try to lose. Lots of teams win towards the end of the season to worsen their draft pick. Newsflash: they don't care. They're trying to win.

Another thing I don't get is why people say they just don't try as hard some games. They know how competitive the league is - they're not intentionally going at it less than other games. Athletes just don't have their 'A' game every single time on the ice. It happens to every team. Every single team has bad games. It's not because they're not trying. Sometimes teams just have off games and people don't see to understand it. It would be different if we consistently looked bad with a lot of talent. But we're 3rd in point % in the conference, at least coming into the game. People need to just accept it sometimes.
</rant>

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Athletes don't try to lose. Lots of teams win towards the end of the season to worsen their draft pick. Newsflash: they don't care. They're trying to win.

Another thing I don't get is why people say they just don't try as hard some games. They know how competitive the league is - they're not intentionally going at it less than other games. Athletes just don't have their 'A' game every single time on the ice. It happens to every team. Every single team has bad games. It's not because they're not trying. Sometimes teams just have off games and people don't see to understand it. It would be different if we consistently looked bad with a lot of talent. But we're 3rd in point % in the conference, at least coming into the game. People need to just accept it sometimes.
</rant>

i didn't say they were purposely losing... but playing lazy is infectious and this was a lazy game.

The Wild are notorious at this point for losing the "should win" games (even when it's one of the best teams in franchise history" and then winning worthless at the end which have kept them in mediocrity for so long. There's a reason they've been middle of the pack forever

Billy Mays Here*

Good first 10 minutes, then the team went to sleep, Dubnyk didn't play particularly well either. On to the next one.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I couldn't figure out if Brodin is playing badly, or if he is being handed so many hand grenades by Dumba that it makes him look bad.

I thought we had LOTS of really good chances in front of the net, but just couldn't bang one in.

Suter got caught on the one goal, but don't know how Spurgeon wasn't aware of Hansen. He's got to be wondering if he's looking down at the VAN end and he only counts 4 Blue Jerseys.

Overall, I can't be blaming Suter... he was great, but just trying to do to much to create offense.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I didn't think they looked lazy at all. Sloppy as all hell, sure, but mental lapses are not necessarily the same as a lack of effort.

That said, that game was atrocious. Everyone is stupider for having watched it and the only silver lining is that everyone who was forced to play in or sit through watching that game will eventually die.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I didn't think they looked lazy at all. Sloppy as all hell, sure, but mental lapses are not necessarily the same as a lack of effort.

That said, that game was atrocious. Everyone is stupider for having watched it and the only silver lining is that everyone who was forced to play in or sit through watching that game will eventually die.

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to watch it, expecting a good showdown between old rivals and a probable Wild win.

wWBbjx7.gif

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Glad I didn't watch the final 5 minutes of the 2nd and all of the third. Boo the hell out of this team. Injuries aren't an excuse, the Canucks are ****ing horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad