25 Greatest Philadelphia Flyers of the Last 25 Years (1992-2017)-#3

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I just meant that it was an insane total for someone not named Gretzky or Lemieux. His next highest total was 105. Mogilny's 76 was obviously a major factor but 53 goals doesn't exactly scream "playmaker".

That was also the year Recchi set the team record, btw. Different times.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I just meant that it was an insane total for someone not named Gretzky or Lemieux. His next highest total was 105. Mogilny's 76 was obviously a major factor but 53 goals doesn't exactly scream "playmaker".

That was also the year Recchi set the team record, btw. Different times.
Got it. Point taken, sorry about that. The scoring races were insane back then!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Giroux has thus far had a similar career as HOFer Bernie Federko.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Giroux has thus far had a similar career as HOFer Bernie Federko.

Man, I am young and ignorant lol.

I forgot Federko even existed. I had to google him, then memories clicked (I was born '88, so no live video memories obviously).

Unrelated: I know it doesn't work like this, and butterfly effect, etc. But. Imagine more or less the same Flyers, but with Pronger spending the bulk of, or entirety of his career in the black & orange...

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Captain Claude.

Next few are going to be really tough.

Lol I remember getting a Giroux jersey from their first Winter Classic. Richards was cap'n at the time, and I don't think G had a letter yet; I think he was still playing wing with Asham and stuff.

Any way, I got a lil flack from people for getting it custom with a C stitched on it lol. Definitely a mark decision. Is it some what vindicated since he became captain? Or still just as markish lol. I don't think many people, myself included expected Richards to be gone any time soon. I think he was a top-3 Selke finisher that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad