GDT: #25 Devils @ Hurricanes, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And back to the Canes and advanced stats stuff

It was just brought to my attention that Kinkaid faced 31 shots tonight, it didn't seem like he faced that many.

While the Canes goaltending is atrocious, I don't think it's holding them back from much other than maybe finishing 6th or 7th in the division instead of dead last.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hynes doesn't know what happened but already said Zajac was out tomorrow...oh well. God only knows who gets to play second-line center tomorrow.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Always best to rest someone who's a borderline call when you're playing Filthadelphia. Simmonds et al. would love to knock him out.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i don't think sarcasm is needed lol it probably will be him unless they want Elias at center for a whole game.

Or throw Kalinin there for a game...I'm not sure I want Elias at center against the Flyers or really in general at this point.

If this is for any longer they may need a callup, I'm not sure who you call up though since Blandisi's hurt too.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Not sure how to gauge the team after this win because CAR was awful straight up. No mincing that.

Interesting...seeing the bottom 6 blow up the points today considering 3rd/4th linres (particularly O'Neill, Matteau......) jobs/career path are on the line. Yayo and Kennedy to a lesser extent, but they definitely don't want to lose their spots either. Even Tootoo with the knockout fight sets an imprint..

Looks like O'Neill gets another 10 game look.

The comment earlier on Yayo netting one after getting worreid cause Gio scored is gold.

:)

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Or throw Kalinin there for a game...I'm not sure I want Elias at center against the Flyers or really in general at this point

Cammalleri-Henrique-Stempniak
Elias-Josefson-Palmieri
Matteau-Kalinin-Kennedy
O'Neill-Gionta-Tootoo

is what I think it'll be

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Heck they could even (I can't believe I'm saying this) put Cammalleri at center for a game...last year's staff played him there plenty for whatever reason :P

I'd rather not move him when he's hot though. Especially with how bad he was at center last year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Technically we still didn't get a third line goal though.

Josefson was on with Cammalleri and the lines were all jumbled due to Zajac's absence.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not sure how to gauge the team after this win because CAR was awful straight up. No mincing that.

Interesting...seeing the bottom 6 blow up the points today considering 3rd/4th linres (particularly O'Neill, Matteau......) jobs/career path are on the line. Yayo and Kennedy to a lesser extent, but they definitely don't want to lose their spots either. Even Tootoo with the knockout fight sets an imprint..

Looks like O'Neill gets another 10 game look.

The comment earlier on Yayo netting one after getting worreid cause Gio scored is gold.

:)

It is nice Kinkaid gets a confidence booster though. This kind of game only helps him and helps Cory too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why were they chanting refs suck after the Josefson goal?

That's why I rarely complain about missed goals unless it's missed after they've called a bunch of **** against us or something stupid.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Guess Hynes is smarter then us for tonight at least lol

He sure did prove some of us wrong. I really enjoyed Matteau's game for once.(looked like a mirror image of Kalinin 2 weeks ago) The only weak spot on our team tonight was the Merrill/Gelina pairing. Cammy with 3 points tonight! +1 over a point per game!

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Why were they chanting refs suck after the Josefson goal?

That's why I rarely complain about missed goals unless it's missed after they've called a bunch of **** against us or something stupid.

The Canes feed mentioned that the Canes players wanted to fight Gelinas after he hit that guy. They mentioned something about them "coming to defend their team mate" which resulted in them being all caught down low and us having an odd man rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad