Stats/video -- http://flyers.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015020342

th

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Simmonds and Mason had HUGE games. Medvedev stepping up with only 5 D-men for most of the game was huge. Big, BIG victory for the Flyers. First time they've scored 3 or more goals in regulation in a LONG time. Overall, great win. **** yeah shutout!

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Simmonds and Mason had HUGE games. Medvedev stepping up with only 5 D-men for most of the game was huge. Big, BIG victory for the Flyers. First time they've scored 3 or more goals in regulation in a LONG time. Overall, great win. **** yeah shutout!
Well, one was an empty netter so it hardly counts, but a nice win is a nice win. It would be nice to see more than a couple goals a game though :laugh:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Happy for Mase.

The Flyers can't win in regulation without getting a shutout, though. :sarcasm:

Him and Simmonds really needed this game. Hell, the Flyers as a whole needed a weekend like this. I hope this really filters into the other players to play better and do more.

Sucks that Manning may be back next game :(.

Also, put Voracek back with Giroux. Enough of Raffl sucking up that line.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Medvedev goes from not playing to getting the second most TOI in this game.

Edit: Giroux also out for only 17:29, I guess that's due to lack of PPs

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Shutttouttttt, eat **** you dirty Rags!

Stellar game by Simmonds. Medvedev, MDZ and Gudas were also bright spots.

Need to play Afternoon games more often, they seem to be our niche!

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Arguably their best effort so far this season, especially on the 2nd half of a back-to-back and in MSG.

That last 10 minutes or so after failing to convert on that 2 man advantage was particularly satisfying IMHO. They could've let the Rags back in it as they might've gotten some momentum, but they just stayed in command.

Excellent game from Simmonds in particular.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Mason was getting to the blueline on pretty much every puck he wrapped around the boards at the end there.

He was waving off defenders to let the puck back to him on multiple occasions. :laugh:

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Did a dman get injured? I missed most of the game. Good to see Simmonds and Couts scored.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Simmonds, Mason, Medvedev all with massive games. The entire team played well actually which is rare to say.

Only bad news is that Manning might have to play next game. I'd honestly rather call-up Alt if it were an option.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well Giroux and Ghost went pointless so it was basically a loss....

Kidding, but seriously, great game by Simmonds. Hopefully this gives him a bit of confidence and momentum. Medvedev also had a good game, if Manning comes back in for him I'll lose my mind.

Also, Voracek will never score again if he's stuck with 76 and 78. They have zero offensive skill.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Nice effort all around. Great to see Simmer break out. He's a streaky player so hopefully this is just a sign of things to come and the team can string some wins together. And a good interview too, lol.

Really happy for Mason.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Would be nice to actually be starting a winning streak now, but Hakstol needs to stop making questionable coaching decisions for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad