GDT: #24| FLYERS at Penguins| Mon. Nov. 27, 7:00 pm ET | NHLN-US, SN, TVAS, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
15 years ago this page would have taken 1 hour to load and then crash haha. Well done!

I can’t believe some of the numbers you guys have posted in the last post game thread. How did the phrase “manning passes to Filppula” become a reality on this team? It’s obvious that TKs season is getting ruined by Filppula being put in situations he shouldn’t. And then to say that they are vets and have eanred it? So all you have to do to play a lot on Haks team is be played a low by Hak. Seems wrong. It unreal that he plays guys like vdv, peb, manning so much and then they aren’t even good enough to be back on the team.

That’s just decision making. His style of play is clearly to keep things close and get it to OT. Pretty obvious by his post game comments.

There was a time when Sutter was the top coach in the league that everyone would kill to have. We have to try him here. It’s rare to have coaching talent like that. I know it will mean less goals potentially, but they would be a real team for once.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
If AMac is back, I would say odds are 50/50 between Samuel and Manning getting the night off.

I can’t wait to see the comments if it ends up being #5.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
So wait Morin is out against the Pens?

Hextall has to make a decision of whether or not he wants Morin to be given an extended look during Gudas's suspension. When Amac comes back, they can keep Morin up and scratch Manning...or just send Morin down and not have a 7th.

Given Hextalls history and Hakstols love for Manning, I think its safe to say Morin will prob be sent down.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt Morin is up if Hextall didn't think he was ready, otherwise Alt would still be with the team playing 12 minutes a night.
If they really wanted to keep Manning around, how come he wasn't extended?
Hextall has two hands, he can count his defensemen, 8 when Gudas and MacDonald return, and Myers in line for next season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Manning played 24 minutes last game.

The organization now views him as a legit top 4 defensemen. It doesnt matter what actually occurs on the ice to them.

This org is not worth a damn.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Yes, but other than that one coverage issue mistake with Sanheim, Manning didn't have a terrible game. His advanced stats were not good, but that's the first game in the past four where he didn't excel in that area. I thought he passed the puck well and generally moved the play up the ice. He and Travis do look like they work fairly well together.

All that being said, I still expect him to be the one to sit when everyone is back. If someone starts to falter, whether a rookie or a veteran, Hak can insert him in for a game or two.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Manning played 24 minutes last game.

The organization now views him as a legit top 4 defensemen. It doesnt matter what actually occurs on the ice to them.

This org is not worth a damn.

No, they don't.
Right now they're limiting the minutes of the rookie defensemen, but that will change as the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad