Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Kevin Porter and Kyle Criscuolo (Both 2yrs + 2 way)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Both 4 year college grads IIRC. Botts sure has a type lol

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Great stuff. I knew th day Botterill was hired would be a turning point. No guarantees but the roster is shaping up quite nicely.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hot damn. Oh to be near enough to actually get to see them play on something other than the crap AHL scoreboard feed this year.

Porter was Amerks captain back in '12-13 and in usual fashion, he was up for too much of the season. He's just 2 years removed from 41 games with the Pens, so he's probably in line for that 13/14 spot.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wondering if they put Criscuolo and Malone back together, get some Crimson chemistry going.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Porter was Amerks captain back in '12-13 and in usual fashion, he was up for too much of the season. He's just 2 years removed from 41 games with the Pens, so he's probably in line for that 13/14 spot.

Knew the name from somewhere.

Some good moves here adding AHL depth who could make the jump in an emergency.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'd bet on almost all the kids to start in Roch. Finally let them play with a team that won't be a tire fire for a while. One more NHL bottom 6 singning I think would be perfect

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Great stuff. I knew th day Botterill was hired would be a turning point. No guarantees but the roster is shaping up quite nicely.

This is an impressive start and will go a long way toward ensuring Rochester isn't a dumpster fire like last year. Murray talked a good game and made some good vet moves, but then the whole thing fell off the rails. I'm really hoping that the best part of going to Amerks games this year isn't drinking a 24 oz. of Southern Tier.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd bet on almost all the kids to start in Roch. Finally let them play with a team that won't be a tire fire for a while. One more NHL bottom 6 singning I think would be perfect

I'd like another NHL-level vet bottom 6 guy who can skate and an AHL tweener defenseman.

Deleted member 27798

As long as Kevin Porter is an ahl guy, I'm good. I'm sick of seeing guys like Porter, Ellis and Grant centering the 4th line.

I'm still hoping for some speed and grit for the 4th line...at least 1 player.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
If there are enough of them. The issue is having Fedun, Falk, Grant and COR playing too damn much in Buffalo if we look at last season.

Right. Fedun and Falk played a combined 45ish games in Rochester last season. These signings didn't matter with Murray because the depth was poor organizationally.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I do wonder if this points to Bailey and Baptiste starting in NHL. They deserves it and fit what this team wants to do.

They eventually need to come up, enough is enough.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Love how active the Sabres have been with getting AHL/depth guys on day 1 of FA. With Regier and Murray, these type of signings always seemed to come as an afterthought.

Welcome back, Porter

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I do wonder if this points to Bailey and Baptiste starting in NHL. They deserves it and fit what this team wants to do.

They eventually need to come up, enough is enough.

Botterill has said the prospects won't be gifted spots. Need to earn it. My guess is there are more signings to come and they'll need a big camp to make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad