Post-Game Talk: #23| Rangers at FLYERS | Fri., Nov. 28, 2014

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
And don't forget that Dynamo of a coach we had then. Another dud from within.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
But our chances of getting a player of immediate impact is slim. Likely a future star but not the answer. Right now we are an embarrassment to hockey. Dismiss the coaching staff now and maybe we can save face after a couple of months

Save face for what? Pick #10 and get a solid player in 2-4 years maybe?

If we are going to suck, THIS is the year to do it. We NEED impact F to go with the kids coming on D. I hate losing, but I will hate having the #10-15 pick for the next 5 years more.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Save face for what? Pick #10 and get a solid player in 2-4 years maybe?

If we are going to suck, THIS is the year to do it. We NEED impact F to go with the kids coming on D. I hate losing, but I will hate having the #10-15 pick for the next 5 years more.

I don't think this team is going to end up bottom 3 regardless of who they trade.

And that right there is why I have very little interest in moving Simmonds for Scherbach and a late 2016 1st. lol.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Is there anywhere online I can watch the game? I forgot to DVR it.

Do you have Comcast On-Demand? If you go to the on-demand section, sports, CSN Philly, and go to Flyers, the game is usually up.

Unfortunately they only offer it in Standard definition, I don't know if you really care or not.

Edit: Didn't see you said "online" haha my bad, but that is an alternative I mentioned above.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I have FIOS but thanks for the suggestion.

There was only one icing, at 10:32 of the 2nd. Can someone who taped the game let me know iced it? It was either:

Mason
MacDonald
Streit
Read
Couturier
Lecavalier

Jaraco

Mar 13, 2014
California
Ugh, all of these over-reactions in favor of trades and other moves. It has been quite obvious that Hextall has expected this team to suck for this season and possibly next year, as well. He has plans for the future (about 2-3 years from now) and doing trades to salvage a season he already predicted to be a failure before it even started would be nonsense, as well as impossible, because ain't nothing fixing this mess in the immediate future. Although, I don't think anyone (me included) expected us to be bottom 5 bad, but that's really not a bad thing in a draft year like this one.

I actually expect Umby to be gone (via buyout or buried in the AHL) this off season and for Vinny to be traded before next season (at half his salary retained). Also, Berube should remain on this team to continue the honorable job of helping this team acquire the least amount of points possible for the rest of this season so that we get awesome position in the draft. It would make absolutely no sense if this loser is our coach next season, though.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
So we're going to hang our hat on 1 draft pick who likely will not start for a couple of years. Or we're going to pick the pockets of a GM. Pipe dreams! We need a coach with some IQ. Not one that benches a player like Gus or plays Rinaldo too much. When's the last time we played a hard checking game? When's the last time we outshot a team? When's the last time we looked like a cohesive team? There's no shame in losing when you've played well or were just outclassed. No, we can't say this team even plays to their potential and loses, we just look flat out lost. Fire the coaches, they blow! Plain and simple then look to improve in areas we need.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Ever wonder how come defenseman come to us and start out playing great and then turn to crap. Our coaches aren't as good as the team they come from. We ruin them.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
So we're going to hang our hat on 1 draft pick who likely will not start for a couple of years. Or we're going to pick the pockets of a GM. Pipe dreams! We need a coach with some IQ. Not one that benches a player like Gus or plays Rinaldo too much. When's the last time we played a hard checking game? When's the last time we outshot a team? When's the last time we looked like a cohesive team? There's no shame in losing when you've played well or were just outclassed. No, we can't say this team even plays to their potential and loses, we just look flat out lost. Fire the coaches, they blow! Plain and simple then look to improve in areas we need.

Today. We both outhit and outshot the Rangers.

I'm also not sure you know what the term "pipe dreams" means.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I have FIOS but thanks for the suggestion.

There was only one icing, at 10:32 of the 2nd. Can someone who taped the game let me know iced it? It was either:

Mason
MacDonald
Streit
Read
Couturier
Lecavalier

No icing, it was Hagelin penalty.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
We're we cohesive? Did we control play? Did we play well? We're they great hits or just hits. I don't know about you but I didn't see any highlight hits, I saw a listless team that looked lost and got no shots on a 4 minute PP. This team is disorganized not talentless

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Are there two more useless skates in the organization than RJ and Vinny. Both see special teams time, yet both absolutely suck at it. Skate on two separate lines that happen to be the two ****ing worst lines.

Luke is CLEARLY better than Gross, Schultz yet doesn't play. Just fire him and let Lappy coach, anyone who will bench these two pukes, it is painful to watch them **** up every shift they take. They gave us a combined 20 AWFUL minutes

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I just watched the post game interviews...

Players (Giroux) looks defeated. He doesn't have answers as he is out busting his hump.

Watched Berube in his post game - I am listening to what he is saying and it makes sense. Is it not getting to the players? Who is really at fault? (I know I said tonight Chief is an issue and sometimes he can be - line juggles, players playing time they shouldn't get, etc: ) When are the players going to wake up and play like they belong in the NHL. 95% of them do... So what is it? Do we think we aren't as good as we can be? The Flyers 2nd guess themselves?

I believe this team needs to be pro-active instead of rective in a game. Get back to the basics. Simple fundamentals.... They have let things get away from themselves.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I just watched the post game interviews...

Players (Giroux) looks defeated. He doesn't have answers as he is out busting his hump.

Watched Berube in his post game - I am listening to what he is saying and it makes sense. Is it not getting to the players? Who is really at fault? (I know I said tonight Chief is an issue and sometimes he can be - line juggles, players playing time they shouldn't get, etc: ) When are the players going to wake up and play like they belong in the NHL. 95% of them do... So what is it? Do we think we aren't as good as we can be? The Flyers 2nd guess themselves?

I believe this team needs to be pro-active instead of rective in a game. Get back to the basics. Simple fundamentals.... They have let things get away from themselves.

Thoughts?

You have up to 5 fringe NHL players. Zac, RJ , Vinny, Gross and Schultz. And you have a line juggling fool who won't only not bench them, uses them on special teams that are some of the worst in the NHL.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Notice what both rosters have in common....

RJ Umberger :laugh:

Yeah, back then he was one of the younger inexperienced players. He was one of the guys to look forward to in the coming years along with Carter & Richards. Pitkanen took a turn for the worse that year & was traded that offseason after looking promising his first couple of years.

Gagne, Knuble, & Forsberg (traded around the deadline) were really the only talent on the team that was experienced. The rest was just a bunch of old washed up players or guys who really no one could tell you much about.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Right now we are an embarrassment to hockey. Dismiss the coaching staff now and maybe we can save face after a couple of months
Screw dat
Lets go 76ers style
New coach wont change this d-core from being the worst in the league...

MadFerIt95*

Screw dat
Lets go 76ers style
New coach wont change this d-core from being the worst in the league...

The last thing the Flyers need to do is go full 76ers. A high pick this year would be nice but tanking for multiple years would be unnecessary and make us no better than Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad