Post-Game Talk: #23| Rangers at FLYERS | Fri., Nov. 28, 2014

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The irony of this game is Berube did what fans have been begging him to do, go with 8 forwards and redcue time for Umberger, Vinnie, Rinaldo (and PEB). And the result ????

It's time to accept that Berube isn't the problem (he's probably not the solution either) - the talent just isn't there.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I want nothing to do with free agents for the next 1-2 years. Hextall needs to subtract weighty contracts, not bring others on, and make some room for the prospects currently in the system. Hextall can look for bargains and hidden gems - but that's generally the opposite of what goes on during the frenzy.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The irony of this game is Berube did what fans have been begging him to do, go with 8 forwards and redcue time for Umberger, Vinnie, Rinaldo (and PEB). And the result ????

It's time to accept that Berube isn't the problem (he's probably not the solution either) - the talent just isn't there.

how how how how how how do you still not grasp this concept that people keep explaining to you.

Berube is not THE problem, he is A problem.

The players are not THE problem, the players are A problem.

BOTH are problems, BOTH need to be fixed. Why do you keep trying to argue as if people are saying only Berube is the only issue and are ignoring the roster problems?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Glad I enjoyed my day more productively than watching what looks like another lack luster effort...

Another loss to the Rags...awesome

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
What a unbelievable putrid game they played. It was god awful.

And the lack of fire, spark, or any physicality is even worse. What's with all the stick-check finesse play ********? Hell of a lot of good that's doing. The team just looks way to easy to play against like this.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I want nothing to do with free agents for the next 1-2 years. Hextall needs to subtract weighty contracts, not bring others on, and make some room for the prospects currently in the system. Hextall can look for bargains and hidden gems - but that's generally the opposite of what goes on during the frenzy.

Even the best teams in the league sign free agents to fill some holes in the lineup. They just do it smartly & don't rely on it too much like the Flyers.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
alright....back home, havent seen the last 4 games, out of the four, which game should i watch?

MadFerIt95*

Agree with everything you said BUT I'm horrified of any free agent signings now. MacDonald, Lecavelier, and Bryzgalov have completely scarred me... I couldn't imagine signing another player for too much and too long just to end up being dead weight.

The Flyers are at least good at finding obscure Eurpoean FAs (Raffl and PB)

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
Was at the game and the guy behind me was complaining a lot about Giroux. He was saying things such as G is lazy, terrible captain, can't take over a game at all, no passion, stuck with his contract for another 7 years, etc. It is one thing seeing someone say that online and just think "yeah okay whatever" but it was pretty sickening to hear it in person and hear in their voice that they truly believed everything they were saying. As if G is the problem with this team....

As bad as the team was it was exciting to see Laughton. He seems like he wants to do well and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to get his line going soon. If so, and if Giroux and Voracek continue to play as they have, then I agree with those saying that our pick will be around the early teens rather than bottom 5. The next 15 games or so are very important though, I think I saw something the other day about most being away games? The overall effort needs to be better though...as it is my feeling before the season of the team being a bubble team doesn't seem too accurate right now but they still shouldn't be this bad. I'll take one of the top three picks without complaining if it happens though.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Was at the game and the guy behind me was complaining a lot about Giroux. He was saying things such as G is lazy, terrible captain, can't take over a game at all, no passion, stuck with his contract for another 7 years, etc. It is one thing seeing someone say that online and just think "yeah okay whatever" but it was pretty sickening to hear it in person and hear in their voice that they truly believed everything they were saying. As if G is the problem with this team....

As bad as the team was it was exciting to see Laughton. He seems like he wants to do well and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to get his line going soon. If so, and if Giroux and Voracek continue to play as they have, then I agree with those saying that our pick will be around the early teens rather than bottom 5. The next 15 games or so are very important though, I think I saw something the other day about most being away games? The overall effort needs to be better though...as it is my feeling before the season of the team being a bubble team doesn't seem too accurate right now but they still shouldn't be this bad. I'll take one of the top three picks without complaining if it happens though.

It's sad that there are actually people who're that stupid. What's really amazing is that there're some of them on here, which is surprising because you wouldn't think someone who knows absolutely nothing about hockey would spend time talking on a hockey forum. It's also weird that someone who knows so little would pay to go to the games.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

I would have had to turn around and say something to that guy. God bless you for sitting there the whole time and enduring that on top of the ****** performance the team had.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Half of the roster could not control their frustrations and the other half were scared by the Rangers. That's not how you win a hockey game.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think Schultz could get a 3rd at the deadline. Agree about the rest of the dmen though.

I say the Flyers best trade bait is Coburn, Read, and B. Schenn.

Why would we ever move BSchenn?

We have no one on LW better than him...on the roster...or as a prospect on the way.

He us young, cheap and a RFA in 2 years. Makes no sense to move him when we have no replacement for him.

With Coburn...he us a UFA in 2 years and won't be worth what he will probably be asking for. He will be 31 when his next contract starts...we would be paying for his decreasing years.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No...RJ brings solid defense, speed and can still chip in with 20 goals....so we were told. ;)

We knew what we were getting with Umberger, we also knew what we were getting rid of in Hartnell. It isn't like Hartnell is tearing it up, 22g 5-9 14 -10, pretty much what he did last year except without G & V to cover for him, he's been exposed as a defensive liability. Schenn and Raffl are better LWs, and imagine if Hartnell was in Umberger's role. :sarcasm:

Hartnell is the poster boy for not giving big contracts to over 30 players, his peak years were from age 26-29, that's why you extend your younger players through ages 30-32 (depending on their skill level) but not longer, and avoid high priced free agents because you're usually paying for past, not expected future, performance.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We knew what we were getting with Umberger, we also knew what we were getting rid of in Hartnell. It isn't like Hartnell is tearing it up, 22g 5-9 14 -10, pretty much what he did last year except without G & V to cover for him, he's been exposed as a defensive liability. Schenn and Raffl are better LWs, and imagine if Hartnell was in Umberger's role. :sarcasm:

Hartnell is the poster boy for not giving big contracts to over 30 players, his peak years were from age 26-29, that's why you extend your younger players through ages 30-32 (depending on their skill level) but not longer, and avoid high priced free agents because you're usually paying for past, not expected future, performance.

And that is why we should be trading Coburn now while he has big value. He will be 31 when his next contract begins.

As sad as it is...when you look at our D's ages, it is a great mix of ages to be great today. They just suck.

Coburn 29
Grossmann 29
MacDonald 28
Schenn 25
MDZ 24
Carlo C 31
Schultz 32
Streit 36 cagey vet

We are not young. We are not old. We are not fast. We are not physical. We are not good defensively. We are not good offensively.

We just are no good.

:soap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad