GDT: [#23] Ottawa Senators @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 CST (FS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Honka officially scratched for AHL dmen. I'd be shocked if he isn't traded

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fedun instead of Honka seems strange but i guess Julius really blew his chances and now is on a bit of a timeout.

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Montgomery must be tired of Honka’s indecisiveness. He’s clearly got boatloads of talent but he just has no idea how to use it properly.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wouldn't mind either if Gurianov was in place of Pitlick on Nichushkin's line

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That Chuck guy is very wrong about Nichuskin. His offensive game sucks he actually does the things he mentioned .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That Chuck guy is very wrong about Nichuskin. His offensive game sucks he actually does the things he mentioned .
When it comes to puck possession, he's very inconsistent. He still turns it over a lot. He also still seldom wins battles when he goes along the boards. He still loses most physical battles. His best ability is sheilding the puck using his butt and legs, but that only gets you so far.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Agreed. Nichushkin is working hard in my opinion. I have been harsh on him in the past, but this season he is doing fine.

13 minutes is fair for his production/game.

He is for checking, hitting, playing decent defense, and working the pucks in the offensive zone.

Sure, he makes some mistakes, he turns it over trying to make plays, still doesn't make the right shot.. but his vision is pretty good, he can work a puck down low and get it to the defender.. overall his game is fine. He back checks pretty good, isn't overstaying shifts as bad as his first season.

Lots of negatives about his game in the past have been worked out. I think it is clear that the offensive game isn't going to be very good.. not the end of the world.

Also,

Faksa - Pitlick and Dickinson - Comeau is good. So mixing up the LW with those pairs is smart in my opinion. Janmark, Shore, Nichushkin, etc.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
When it comes to puck possession, he's very inconsistent. He still turns it over a lot. He also still seldom wins battles when he goes along the boards. He still loses most physical battles. His best ability is sheilding the puck using his butt and legs, but that only gets you so far.

Nichuskin with fully healthy forward , which we have tonight , is still a good option on the third/fourth line who when he has a good game can play some shifts with the big boys . A better option than Smith or Ritchie.

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I like them too. I wish we could get Radulov on the second line, but if not that is basically the ideal F lines.

Yeah not sure why they haven’t tried Radulov with Spezza more they were great last year. Balances out the lines a little more that way.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I thought when they played Val and Radulov with Spezza it worked out pretty well. Put shore on the top line. Although I am interested to see what happens with Shore and Hintz with Spezza.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I thought Hintz and Radulov looked good together. When they're both on their game they're gonna force a whole lot of turnovers. Wouldn't mind seeing a Hintz-Seguin-Radulov line and go with a 2nd line of Benn-Spezza-Shore

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Honkas a weird situation. Theres clearly offensive talent there but he rarely attempts to use it anymore. I see Polak pinching in deep and I'm thinking thats what Honka should be doing. He is never going to be a safe defensive player, let him loose and see what he can do.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I'm more "Fed up" than Fedun right now <g>.
Bad trivia stat of the night Guy Boucher has never lost to the Stars, he's 7 and 0. Wonderful.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3