Post-Game Talk: #23 | Devils at Flyers | November 30, 2023 | Loss 3-4 (OT)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
andy-bernard.gif

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
The first hint that he's given up was during the draft and all he had to talk about was size.

Again, sad. I was pretty distracted by Matvei Dreamboat during that whole thing, but I remember mentions of this phenomenon. The saddest part is how obvious it is to the outside world. What's the cult hotline number?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
On STG, Briere reiterated that he is not going to sell assets in order to push for a PO run. So what is here is what Tortorella has to work with. Probably less some guys as trade outs go down. So this club will sink in the standings. How far down it will go will depend on how badly some of these teams in the West continue to play.
in my memory he said something along those lines: ....at the moment it isnt planned to buy at the deadline......but on the other hand you need to honor the work the players have done and right now we are near the playoff......

I´am not exactly sure how the wording was, but its in this area in my memory. Maybe someone has a better memory than me?

And so it begins continues...................

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
lose in regulation you bloody idiots..

12th OA pick coming our way babee..

yah a nobody who doesnt move the needle.

Michkov is 100% gunna have his career wasted here

Can Michkov be a free agent if he plays 4 years in Russia? Like college kids? Hope someone advises him to avoid this shit org. Fully expect Cutter to do his 4 years, after seeing the mistake Brink made.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Y'all have that "Bad Movie Taste" and/or are crazy masochists. It's literally going the way most of the homies have predicted but I guess sometimes watching a car crash happen is just too entertaining. Godspeed to all of you putting yourselves through this mental torture.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
This Tortorella stint is starting to resemble his experience in Vancouver more every day. There's no way any player can feel secure with the way that he handles them. Too many guys getting kicked around by him regardless if they are rookies or vets. It's a new age. Today's athletes don't react well to being treated the way that they were fifty years ago. The coach as a bully doesn't work.

sregdoor

Jun 22, 2018
With Frost playing somebody had to keep the dog house warm. Come on in Joel.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Oh Farabee probably listened and knew that it was just Torts bloviating and decided let him sit me I'll call my agent and be out of here soon enough.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
FWIW - Re Farabee - Bill M's take form Hockeybuzz:

I think it was the failed pinch. Tortorella said after the game last night, before being asked specifically about Farabee, that it wasn't backchecking per se he didn't like last night in the first period.

Then you have to go back to the Rangers game on Black Friday and what had Torts so ticked off that afternoon: over-aggressive plays when they didn't have puck possession up ice turning into odd-man rushes and goals against. A combination of poor support up high and a too-casual backcheck served to get Tippett benched most of the second period that game.

Defensive responsibilities and risk/reward up ice were a main focus and adjustment made the next night against the Islanders. Last night, Farabee saw that Sanheim had pinched in and, rather than supporting the vacant point, came halfway down to the boards and got walked. Then was way behind the counterattack in backchecking.

So Torts escalated it: Tippett sat a period last Friday. Farabee sat the rest of the game last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad