GDT: #23 - Blue Jackets @ Fat, Flightless, Waddling Birds 11-24-18

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I swear to G-d if I see this phrase one more damn time I'm going to set the world on fire.

Not executing is not the same as lacking skill. Playing lazy is not the same as lacking skill. Not making use of skill is not the same as not having it. This team has skill. It is not always using it. Can we please finally kill off use of this cliche? It might have been accurate a decade or so ago, but it's 2018 now.

Where does Korpisalo fit in this?

Or Ryan Murray??

Or Nutivaara?

Or...…….ahhhh, nevermind.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So, over 1.5 hours into the game you claim you haven't seen any of the game, and yet you talk about his poor technical form for much of the game and many of the goals...?
All of it I'd seen up to that point, yes. Normally, I'd let it go as a small sample size issue... except I've been doing that for every single start he's had this year.[/quote]
Korpisalo hasn't been good enough recently, the same way Bob wasn't good enough to start the year. But, I'm getting sick of this false narrative that Korpisalo has been bad, "technically" and/or "positionally". Its clear to those that have WATCHED the games and/or are reluctantly sticking up for Korpisalo, that he's NOT playing BAD. Not GOOD either, but not bad.
You're sticking to a false dichotomy of "he's good or he's bad". He's done both, frequently in the same game, and frankly I'm tired of the bad undermining the times when he's good. He needs to learn to shape up and stop pulling that crap or he's never going to be a decent NHL starter.

You want to talk "technical form", lets hear some "technical analysis". Goal by goal. Any comments like, "super bad ass" or talks of 'get-out-of-responsibility-free' cards, will NOT be considered "technical".
What, you weren't paying attention when I was kvetching about his second period as it was going on?

Cutting down the angle is NOT being "out of position" or "swimming in the crease".

It is when the angle in question is on the opposite side of where the puck is and he doesn't realize that until the puck is already on the goal line on its way to the back of the net.

Also, "much" of the time, the difference between stopping the puck or not, is not based on much of a difference in what the goalie did. Remember, not only is the goalies' defenseman/team out there, but the other team SHOOTING the puck have an impact on the goal also.
This is a rehash of the "but the defense played badly, therefore he's not to blame" argument. I have acknowledged that the team defense was poor. That does not excuse his being slow on the uptake. I could forgive him if he'd reacted well and still got scored on because the defense hung him out to dry. In at least two cases in the second period, the defense hung him out to dry AND he handled it poorly.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Where does Korpisalo fit in this?

Or Ryan Murray??

Or Nutivaara?

Or...…….ahhhh, nevermind.
You say that as though I'm one of those folks who dislikes Murray and/or Nuti. Seriously, hon, please get off this "I told you so" / "you disagree therefore you hold EVERY opinion I find reprehensible" kick. It's inhibiting actual debate.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This is a rehash of the "but the defense played badly, therefore he's not to blame" argument. I have acknowledged that the team defense was poor. That does not excuse his being slow on the uptake. I could forgive him if he'd reacted well and still got scored on because the defense hung him out to dry. In at least two cases in the second period, the defense hung him out to dry AND he handled it poorly.
Or as I say about Bob in the playoffs, he didn't lose us the game, but he didn't win it for us either.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad