23/24 NHL Playoff Thread

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
And a primary assist on Pastrnak's goal - I don't particularly root for the Bruins (despite the user name) but I'm excited to see how well Morgan's playing.

Reactions: kihei

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Saw an article that they might start Ullmark to stick with their rotation, but didn’t think they’d actually do it after that great game by Swayman.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Huge win for Toronto, 3-2, who dominated Boston most of the third period. Matthews scored the winning goal on a breakaway that could only be described as emphatic, and he seemed almost captain-like in his engagement for once.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Draisaitl's release on that goal may be the quickest I have ever seen. Wow, and wow again.

7-4 Edmonton. Five assists for McDavid, almost all of them highlight reel stuff. The West is going to be wild.

Last edited:

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Man, I’m not a fan of the whole LTIR loophole stuff and have quickly soured on VGK as a franchise for their willingness to do it.

Yeah yeah “it’s perfectly legal”. So was Ridly Greig’s empty net slapshot. How did that work out?

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Vasilevskiy and Bobrovsky are putting on a magic show in the Florida series. Mind-bogglingly brilliant goaltending on both ends.

Florida takes it in overtime. Super fun game.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Boston with a gutsy victory in Toronto. Through much of this series so far they have not infrequently looked the lesser team. but the Bruins find a way to win and their veterans lead the way.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Been an interesting playoffs so far. I’m surprised at how easily Vegas seem to be handling Dallas. I’m really hoping Vancouver, Winnipeg and Edmonton win their series’. I’d have a hell of a laugh if that happened and none of those teams made the cup final. I’d take any of those Canadian teams to win it though.

Reactions: kihei

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Been an interesting playoffs so far. I’m surprised at how easily Vegas seem to be handling Dallas. I’m really hoping Vancouver, Winnipeg and Edmonton win their series’. I’d have a hell of a laugh if that happened and none of those teams made the cup final. I’d take any of those Canadian teams to win it though.
I’m similarly surprised at Florida rolling over TBL so far. I thought that one would be tooth and nail, a real street fight. Is it TBL just doesn’t have it, or is Florida catching fire in the playoffs again?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I’m similarly surprised at Florida rolling over TBL so far. I thought that one would be tooth and nail, a real street fight. Is it TBL just doesn’t have it, or is Florida catching fire in the playoffs again?

I think Tampa is in their final stages of being a very good team(with this group of playeres) and in need to at least tweak some things.

Right now they're not cup contenders anymore but that's OK after winning two of them.

Also, Florida might be the best constructed team in the league and has a really good shot at winning it all.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Video review just confirmed a goal that i really thought was offside, as Edzo walked through the frame by frame. Crazy.

Also crazy is that our crew was just calling the game in Vegas last night, and now the matinee in Denver. Keep that coffee going fellas.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The Leafs, playing without Austin Matthews, showed up with uncharacteristic passion and purpose, got stellar goaltending from back-up Justin Woll, and two beautiful goals from William Nylander (who now has seven goals in thirteen elimination games) to extend the series to seven games. Makes me wonder why the Leafs can't play like this more often.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
The Leafs, playing without Austin Matthews, showed up with uncharacteristic passion and purpose, got stellar goaltending from back-up Justin Woll, and two beautiful goals from William Nylander (who now has seven goals in thirteen elimination games) to extend the series to seven games. Makes me wonder why the Leafs can't play like this more often.

They’ll f*** it up in Game 7.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Watched the last 30 minutes or so of both games 5 and 6 and was shocked at how bad the Bruins looked in both. Like “passing into each others skates” and “people falling down for no reason” level of bad. Couldn’t believe it was the same team.

And the Jets…just…damn. No shame in losing a series to the Avs, but getting completely steamrolled like that? Woof.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Avs got back to the post season remembering how the expansion team dumped them out in the first round last year. They looked determined not to repeat that experience. I was really hoping that would be one of the exciting matchups too, but the Peg wasn't ready for them.

So does Florida get the Leafs/ Bruins winner? I think they'll be a problem for either team.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Avs got back to the post season remembering how the expansion team dumped them out in the first round last year. They looked determined not to repeat that experience. I was really hoping that would be one of the exciting matchups too, but the Peg wasn't ready for them.

So does Florida get the Leafs/ Bruins winner? I think they'll be a problem for either team.

“We want Florida!” Lmfao. Good times.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
“We want Florida!” Lmfao. Good times.

Have you been watching the Winterhawks post season as well? Took the fam to a game each against Victoria and Everett but watching at home this round. I love that they always have interesting prospects to watch, and this year is no exception.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Been kind of checked out of the WHL since the Thunderbirds weren't great. Didn't realize Everett were good. Being in Shoreline i'm probably closer to Everett than Kent

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004

Re: Florida, I believe so yes. And I also believe Florida will absolutely manhandle either of those teams.

Reactions: sigma six

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Goals really at a premium tonight. The Canucks broke a scoreless game with a goal in the last two minutes to win their series. Not many dangerous scoring chances at all in that game, though. Unlike Dallas and Vegas where it is a miracle that somebody hasn't scored after two periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad