23/24 Fantasy Draft - Picks

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Goal
Build a team that would win the Stanley Cup in the 2023-2024 season

Draft Details
20 round snake draft
3rd round is reversed (32nd OA drafts at the start of R2, 3, 5, 7 while 1st OA drafts at the start of R1, 4, 6 etc)
2 hour clock, will cut it after round 7 if too many players are being skipped
Clock runs from 9am to 12am EST every day
Back to back picks still have 2 hours not 4

Trades
3 total per team during the draft, or after the 1st round of voting, including draft pick and player trades
No 3 team trades
Each pick may only be traded once. Players I don’t care.
Unfair trades can be veto'd if 10 GMs vote against it within 24 hours of the trade
Salary Cap
60M to 80M

Eligible Players
Any player who had a contract for the 2023-2024 season will use that contract for the game
Euros who are not NHL affiliated are not permitted to be drafted unless they had a contract for this season i.e. Datsyuk, but those that are affiliated i.e. Malgin can be.

Presumed Health
It is up to you to pick players you expect to play next season, if they do not play, that is on you and will impact you accordingly.
We assume for voting they recover in a reasonable sense from any injuries they have i.e. Tarasenko's shoulder last season was clearly recoverable from, but Webers injuries were not. For this game, a player like Tom Wilson is presumed to have recovered fro his ACL injury, but Backstrom is more of a risk because his play next season may reflect his injury.

Skipped Picks
Your pick is skipped after the clock as are all future picks until you make it up, you will be auto'd after 2 rounds have elapsed
3 skips and your clock is reduced to 50%
5 skips is auto skip

Injuries
When it comes to health, assume their status is fully healed from whatever injury they're currently suffering from
Guys who have deteriorated don't just magically end up in their primes

Voting
32 team bracket format, with bracket determined at random after the draft. Bracket will be re-randomized for the second voting period
All voting will be on the GM games board
Voting is only based on the players actively in the lineup
Draft Slot
Random

GM List - will wait for at least 25 GMs to start the game, targeting the end of the playoffs as a start date. Would like help for the draft board and/or creating voting threads, those always annoy me to make. In no rush at all, will be a slow game, might keep 2 hour clock the whole time.

GM list:
1. Gecklund-Sharks
2. Hockeynorth-Leafs
3. Trick9-Caps
4. Blinny-Bruins
5. OB5-Habs
6. Ed-Criminals (Knights)
7. LT&Larking-Stars
8. Mcmozesmadness-Oilers
9. Nucker101-Canes
10. Avery-Kraken
11. Scholarships-Canucks
12. M0pe-Sabres
13. Talus-Rangers
14. Makaveli-Kings
15. Panda-Jean Shorts (Jets)
16. LB-Ducks
17. Tryamkin-Devils
18. Paralyzer008-Coyotes
19. Joey Moss-Avs
20. Llama&Kent-Wild
21. McDoused-Blues
22. Beardoff-Isles
23. Goat-blackhawks
24. Mullet&LT-Blue Jackets
25. Schols&Dabeast-Red Wings
26. Avery&Nuck-Sens
27. Beardoff&Panda-Lightning
28. McDoused&OB5-Flyers
29. Gecklund&HN-Preds
30. Goat&Ed-Panthers

Clock will start tomorrow at 12PM Eastern and run from 9AM Eastern to 12AM Eastern

Clock cuts:
NYI-1 hour clock

Last edited:
Reactions: OB5

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
@Blinny has until 9 AM EST tomorrow before being skipped

Clock is at one hour for remainder of draft

@Gecklund is considering opening up Round 20 (e.g., no clock, anyone can pick anytime once the first pick is made)

Goal is to have the draft completed by the end of the day tomorrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad