GDT: [#22] Dallas Stars @ Pittsburgh Penguins, 6:00 PM CST (FSSW+)

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Well at least bow looked good . Hopefully he gets the start on Friday .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He just said that he likes the team lol

He ain’t going to make a trade, we should have went after skinner
You do realize that with skinner his nmc dictated everything we may have been "in" on him. Probably not because Nill isn't in on anyone good ever or let's other teams take them for peanuts but Skinner is hard to know if, considering the horrendous return likely said no to anywhere else

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Is Benn still considered a star player? If yes, is he the most overrated star player in the league?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Is Benn still considered a star player? If yes, is he the most overrated star player in the league?

Yes to both. Just a star player when he wants to be though. This isn't uncommon to see him playing like this though

He will finish the season strong and look amazing and then itll be the same thing again next season

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
At the end of the day he is right. How often have you seen players fired for poor performances.

Chicago is a perfect example. The gm screwed himself with big contracts and the cant afford decent players. Through all the years of dominance coach quenneville still lost his job because the team could not get it done anymore.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah I mean it's great the players blame themselves, Monty blames himself etc but it boils down to the lack of quality NHL personnel. That is the reality and has been for a few seasons.

Dump Ritchie to the AHL, waivers I don't care. We're stuck with Comeau I'm afraid unless someone wants him at the deadline, but at least he's solid on the PK. Janmark needs to sit. Call up Guri. Will it make a huge difference? Doubtful, but let's get Guri going and let's get our marinating players like him and Hintz playing full-time.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah I mean it's great the players blame themselves, Monty blames himself etc but it boils down to the lack of quality NHL personnel. That is the reality and has been for a few seasons.

Dump Ritchie to the AHL, waivers I don't care. We're stuck with Comeau I'm afraid unless someone wants him at the deadline, but at least he's solid on the PK. Janmark needs to sit. Call up Guri. Will it make a huge difference? Doubtful, but let's get Guri going and let's get our marinating players like him and Hintz playing full-time.

It could make a huge difference imo. I mean Hintz has been called up and already has as many goals as Nichushkin, Comeau, Janmark, and Ritchie combined, and Gurianov should pass that pretty easily as well. I really don't see the harm in calling up a talented young player that leads your AHL team in scoring. What could it possibly hurt at this point other than costing one of your 4th liners that does nothing but take penalties some ice time? It's literally free depth acquired at no risk that could eventually turn into some of your best players

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Let's not forget we could've had this guy for dirt cheap. 17 game point streak for Hoffman now

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team as due for a game where the patchup goaltending and defense couldn't cover for the lackluster forwards any more. Today was one of those games. Defense and goaltending ( Khudobin ) was bad today , which i can accept with what we're icing . Forwards not so much especially the big boys. Gotta have more from them.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Interested to see which games Bow gets to start on the upcoming two back to backs and how he looks. In Pre-Season he looked like he could maybe handle the NHL game something Point didn't look like just yet.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
It's a different excuse every month. I get that we are smacked with injuries right now, but this is why drafting is so so crucial to the health of a franchise. Every little that has happened to them is common and manageable for a successful team. It's a problem when it all happens at once and you have no answers internally.

Kudos to Roope Hintz. This is the player they hit the nail on the head with when they got him. I remember McDonnell saying Hintz was in their top 15 for that draft we got him in the 2nd. He's never had a low point in his development, and continues to succeed under pressure at every level.

Really hope Guryanov finds consistency in the NHL as well. This team needs it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's a different excuse every month. I get that we are smacked with injuries right now, but this is why drafting is so so crucial to the health of a franchise. Every little that has happened to them is common and manageable for a successful team. It's a problem when it all happens at once and you have no answers internally.

Kudos to Roope Hintz. This is the player they hit the nail on the head with when they got him. I remember McDonnell saying Hintz was in their top 15 for that draft we got him in the 2nd. He's never had a low point in his development, and continues to succeed under pressure at every level.

Really hope Guryanov finds consistency in the NHL as well. This team needs it.

Well 4 guys on defense ( today it was five with Honka sick ) is not common. You take away that many defenseman on any team and its getting problematic for anyone. Not too many decent prospects are usually in the AHL at the same time. Most are in junior , college or with a European team and can't be called up.

Forwards is a problem they can't blame on injuries but its also one that frankly was expected . It was the same last season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not like it was any better last year and we didn't go out to get a consistent top6 guy everybody knew we needed to improve . Everybody knew scoring would likely be a problem once again.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Not like it was any better last year and we didn't go out to get a consistent top6 guy everybody knew we needed to improve . Everybody knew scoring would likely be a problem once again.
Yeah, a lot of hope was put on Monty replacing Hitch causing a few guys to find offensive game. In truth, only Spezza has shown any offensive bounce. Everyone else is either doing the same or is way down. Too many guys are essentially contributing nothing.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah, a lot of hope was put on Monty replacing Hitch causing a few guys to find offensive game. In truth, only Spezza has shown any offensive bounce. Everyone else is either doing the same or is way down. Too many guys are essentially contributing nothing.

Lets not forget Devin Shore. He's been good too. Hope he comes back from injury soon and doesn't regress. Dickinson has also been fine. .

Faksa, Pittlick Janmark , Comeau , Nichuskin , Smith all contribute very little on offense thats a problem. Ritchie is completely useless . Maybe Hintz and Gurianov can be something reliable.

I mean with such bad offensive depth injuries to ANY of the few guys who actually are solid hurt even more. No Shore and Klingberg on a team with better scorers can be mitigated on offense. On our team ? I don't see it.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Funny the discussion is still about players like Nichushkin, Janmark, Ritchie.

You guys check out the 73 players ahead of Jamie Benn in scoring? I think 5 of them make the same or more than him. The rest get paid less.

Benn's highest point total was the same year everyone was having career lows. We gave $10.5m to a player who won a fluke Art Ross and has made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs 1 time in his whole career.

Let's say we get Panarin (we won't), and we added him to our current core. What happens when Benn is permanently demoted to the 2nd line and his padded point totals go way down? Spezza might help him for a bit, but it won't last at all.

Face it, that 10.5m 2nd line caliber winger is killing us and he happens to be our captain.

Quick edit: Jeff Petry and Jamie Benn both have 17 points.:popcorn:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Funny the discussion is still about players like Nichushkin, Janmark, Ritchie.

You guys check out the 73 players ahead of Jamie Benn in scoring? I think 5 of them make the same or more than him. The rest get paid less.

Benn's highest point total was the same year everyone was having career lows. We gave $10.5m to a player who won a fluke Art Ross and has made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs 1 time in his whole career.

Let's say we get Panarin (we won't), and we added him to our current core. What happens when Benn is permanently demoted to the 2nd line and his padded point totals go way down? Spezza might help him for a bit, but it won't last at all.

Face it, that 10.5m 2nd line caliber winger is killing us and he happens to be our captain.

Quick edit: Jeff Petry and Jamie Benn both have 17 points.:popcorn:

We get onto them because we know they are problems and players that could easily be replaced. Benn on the other hand isn't going anywhere so he's not worth talking about. He's gonna retire as a Dallas Star really whether we like it or not. As for the others when things aren't working out, they could easily be moved or replaced

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00