GDT: #22 Blackhawks @ Sharks | 7:00pm PDT | NBCSN

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
This was actually a CSN Chicago broadcast piggyback, not a native NBCSN broadcast. It'd be nice if they used the native (Chicago) graphics to help accentuate that distinction though.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
This was actually a CSN Chicago broadcast piggyback, not a native NBCSN broadcast. It'd be nice if they used the native (Chicago) graphics to help accentuate that distinction though.

still not an excuse, they should not take the visitor broadcast anyway, but the broadcasters have to be professional enough to understand they are doing a national game. randy knows.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I thought Mueller was okay for the most part. He always plays with both hands on his stick though which probably limits his effectiveness. Also Jones gets the worst luck on bounces. That Desjardins goal was all sorts of bouncy

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
BUT in the end ... is it all that surprising to find that you can't be competitive with the Hawks down a 1b center and a top 4 D?

The Sharks also had a good number of breakaways, which is somewhat unusual.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Frustrating game to watch. Dillon and Mueller stuck out like sore thumbs for me. Time to go back to the drawing board and get this thing figured out.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
The issue I noticed is that the bottom pairing cannot play Defense. Braun injury was just bad timing. So we have Tennyson and someone who really needs time in the AHL anchoring that pair.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I hear Scott Hannan is available :sarcasm:

They should give Stollery, Ryan, Cundari a shot and see if someone steps up and be serviceable.

Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Jul 5, 2007
San Jose, CA
Is it just me or was the Kane line on against the 4th line at least a half a dozen times tonight? That's pretty unacceptable/crazy unless we're talking about icing here.

Surprised to hear Brown's name so much in the 3rd period. I really do appreciate the effort, but they still stand a better chance with a Hertl/Wingels off their game.

That aside, I didn't think the Sharks were at their worst tonight. The Blackhawks are the cream of the crop and even your B- game won't be enough to keep you in games.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
What stood out most to me was the Hawks had a ton of controlled entries, and the Sharks dumped and chased almost the entire game. Any controlled entry for the Sharks usually led to good zone time. I really hate dump and chase. It's inefficient and exhausting.

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
DW needs to be imaginative and somehow get us a #6 D-man who can play defense. I don't even care about getting scoring from the bottom pairing D anymore. I just want them to be able to play defense. Neither Tennyson nor Mueller have shown me that they deserve that spot.

In the long run, I think something needs to change with our farm system. Haven't seen many players, let alone D-men, develop down there.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Yep, that went exactly how I thought it would...

Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif

GodHatesTheSharks

Nov 20, 2010
We need more production from our offense. Through 22 games:

Thornton: 3 goals
Hertl: 2 goals
Tierney: 2 goals
Wingels: 1 goal

That's not enough. I've got to say, Wingels has been the most disappointing player so far and I'm a big fan of 57. I wonder if he could be traded for a depth defenseman when Couture, Smith and Torres are back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad